- Patisserie Servaas Van Mullem
- A pretty patisserie serving fabulous little pastry creations, this is a much-respected institution in Bruges, with a patisserie pedigree stretching back to the 19th-century.
- Vlamingstraat 56
- +32 (0) 50 33 05 15
- The Old Chocolate House
- Made with the purest cacoa-butter, the pralines of this expert in the 'art of chocolate' are sublime – as are the shop's marzipan, cookies, waffles, and chocolate liqueur.
- Mariastraat 1
- +32 (0) 50 34 01 02
- De Ijsbeer
- The 'Polar Bear' is a premium Italian ice-cream parlour, making first-class designer ice-creams fresh on site – gluten & additive-free & utterly delicious.
- Noordzandstraat 73
- +32 (0) 50 33 35 34
- Cafe Au Lait
- A small café close to the city centre, known for its delightfully light waffles, and sublime pancakes. Also serves a great continental breakfast.
- Noordzandstraat 28
- +32 (0) 50 34 45 34
- Gelateria Da Vinci
- Ice cream junkies rejoice – Gelateria Da Vinci has bought is distinctively-flavored traditional Italian gelatos to Bruges – with not 1 but 40 flavours to choose from
- Geldmuntstraat 34
- +32 (0) 50 33 36 50
- De Proeverie
- De Proeverie may serve 'proper English tea', but it's the chocolate that pulls in the punters, with freshly-melted chocolate poured into cups of hot frothy milk. Heavenly.
- Katelijnestraat 6
- +32 (0) 50 33 08 87
- The Cappuccino offers you a daily choice of cakes, sundaes, fresh pancakes and waffles – all homemade, and all delicious. Open from 8am to 6pm, except Tue.
- Koolkerkse Steenweg 101
- +32 (0) 50 61 05 46
- Tearoom GingerBread
- A few steps down Sint-Amandstraat, this wonderfully decorated tea-room really has dessert on its mind – especially with their delectably light Belgian waffles.
- Sint Amandsstraat 29
- +32 (0) 492 85 00 83
- Roose's Chocolate World
- The chocolates at Roose's Chocolate World shop are naturally made with only the finest 100% Belgian chocolate. Enjoy drinks & sweet snacks in their Coffee Corner.
- Havenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 50 34 78 60
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
Wild Jo marks a turning point for De Koninck: the brewers are swapping their familiar top-fermented beers for a tempestuous Belgian Wild Ale, re-fermented using wild yeasts (Bretta... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.