Where to Eat
- In the elegant interior of the Capella you can enjoy culinary Belgian creations courtesy of the chef, served to you by his friendly wife. Closed on Mondays.
- Kiekenmarkt 7
- + (0) 57 36 61 32
- The Old Tom
- The Old Tom serves the specialities of Ypres for a reasonable price. Located at the market square, from its terrace you have a fine view onto St.-Martins Cathedral.
- Grote Markt 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 15 41
- Restaurant Découvert calls an old mansion its home, made-over with a simple-yet-classy decor. According to their many great reviews, they serve up some classy dishes, too.
- Rijselsestraat 43
- +32 (0) 57 48 92 48
- In de Rustplaats
- At In de Rustplaats you can enjoy an exquisite fish-dish, or a côte a l'os, assured of a quick and friendly service. Restaurant open on Friday to Monday.
- Veurnseweg 16
- +32 (0) 57 20 81 05
- De Waterpoort
- At De Waterpoort you can enjoy classic Belgian menus alongside typical Greek, French or Italian dishes – all complemented by its bright and stylish interior.
- Brugseweg 43
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 52
- 't Klein Stadhuis
- 't Klein Stadhuis, or The Little Town Hall, is exactly that. This restaurant on the market dates back to 1342, and used to be the home for the Town Hall's caretaker. Specialises in dishes with Belgian beer.
- Grote Markt 32
- +32 (0) 57 21 55 42
- Marktcafe Les Halles
- From early evening till late at night, stop off at Marktcafe Les Halles on the market square. As well as drinks they serve original good-quality food.
- Grote Markt 35
- De Steenen Haene
- De Steenen Haene is a fine restaurant set in beautiful surroundings, that's also great to go with kids – thanks to the garden's playground equipment.
- Komenseweg 21
- 8902 Zillebeke
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 86
- De Ruyffelaer
- At De Ruyffelaer you can have a traditional meal, just the way grandma would cook it (if she were Belgian). And in this rustic corner you're always served with a smile.
- Gustave De Stuersstraat 9-11
- +32 (0) 57 36 60 06
- De Wijngaard
- De Wijngaard is a family restaurant business well-known for its great steaks. It's been successfully sizzling them since 1974, and is still run by the same friendly owners.
- Fochlaan 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 42 30
- Trattoria Alloro
- At Trattoria Alloro, the owners will serve you Italian food made with real passion – so it's the place to go for a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
- Patersstraat 2
- +32 (0) 57 36 53 75
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
It’s all in the name. Waterloo Triple Hop, an amber-coloured beer, is brewed with three different kinds of hop: Magnum bitter and two aroma varieties, Cascade and Citra, that in th... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.