Where to Eat
- 't Klein Stadhuis
- 't Klein Stadhuis, or The Little Town Hall, is exactly that. This restaurant on the market dates back to 1342, and used to be the home for the Town Hall's caretaker. Specialises in dishes with Belgian beer.
- Grote Markt 32
- +32 (0) 57 21 55 42
- De Wijngaard
- De Wijngaard is a family restaurant business well-known for its great steaks. It's been successfully sizzling them since 1974, and is still run by the same friendly owners.
- Fochlaan 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 42 30
- In the elegant interior of the Capella you can enjoy culinary Belgian creations courtesy of the chef, served to you by his friendly wife. Closed on Mondays.
- Kiekenmarkt 7
- + (0) 57 36 61 32
- De Waterpoort
- At De Waterpoort you can enjoy classic Belgian menus alongside typical Greek, French or Italian dishes – all complemented by its bright and stylish interior.
- Brugseweg 43
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 52
- Restaurant Découvert calls an old mansion its home, made-over with a simple-yet-classy decor. According to their many great reviews, they serve up some classy dishes, too.
- Rijselsestraat 43
- +32 (0) 57 48 92 48
- The Old Tom
- The Old Tom serves the specialities of Ypres for a reasonable price. Located at the market square, from its terrace you have a fine view onto St.-Martins Cathedral.
- Grote Markt 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 15 41
- In de Rustplaats
- At In de Rustplaats you can enjoy an exquisite fish-dish, or a côte a l'os, assured of a quick and friendly service. Restaurant open on Friday to Monday.
- Veurnseweg 16
- +32 (0) 57 20 81 05
- De Steenen Haene
- De Steenen Haene is a fine restaurant set in beautiful surroundings, that's also great to go with kids – thanks to the garden's playground equipment.
- Komenseweg 21
- 8902 Zillebeke
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 86
- De Ruyffelaer
- At De Ruyffelaer you can have a traditional meal, just the way grandma would cook it (if she were Belgian). And in this rustic corner you're always served with a smile.
- Gustave De Stuersstraat 9-11
- +32 (0) 57 36 60 06
- Trattoria Alloro
- At Trattoria Alloro, the owners will serve you Italian food made with real passion – so it's the place to go for a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
- Patersstraat 2
- +32 (0) 57 36 53 75
- Marktcafe Les Halles
- From early evening till late at night, stop off at Marktcafe Les Halles on the market square. As well as drinks they serve original good-quality food.
- Grote Markt 35
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
Many Belgian towns and cities have their own city beer. Bruges is no exception, with the Brugse Tripel from the De Gouden Boom brewery. Brouwerij Palm took over De Gouden Boom in 2... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.