Where to Eat
- Marktcafe Les Halles
- From early evening till late at night, stop off at Marktcafe Les Halles on the market square. As well as drinks they serve original good-quality food.
- Grote Markt 35
- De Ruyffelaer
- At De Ruyffelaer you can have a traditional meal, just the way grandma would cook it (if she were Belgian). And in this rustic corner you're always served with a smile.
- Gustave De Stuersstraat 9-11
- +32 (0) 57 36 60 06
- The Old Tom
- The Old Tom serves the specialities of Ypres for a reasonable price. Located at the market square, from its terrace you have a fine view onto St.-Martins Cathedral.
- Grote Markt 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 15 41
- 't Klein Stadhuis
- 't Klein Stadhuis, or The Little Town Hall, is exactly that. This restaurant on the market dates back to 1342, and used to be the home for the Town Hall's caretaker. Specialises in dishes with Belgian beer.
- Grote Markt 32
- +32 (0) 57 21 55 42
- Restaurant Découvert calls an old mansion its home, made-over with a simple-yet-classy decor. According to their many great reviews, they serve up some classy dishes, too.
- Rijselsestraat 43
- +32 (0) 57 48 92 48
- De Waterpoort
- At De Waterpoort you can enjoy classic Belgian menus alongside typical Greek, French or Italian dishes – all complemented by its bright and stylish interior.
- Brugseweg 43
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 52
- De Wijngaard
- De Wijngaard is a family restaurant business well-known for its great steaks. It's been successfully sizzling them since 1974, and is still run by the same friendly owners.
- Fochlaan 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 42 30
- In de Rustplaats
- At In de Rustplaats you can enjoy an exquisite fish-dish, or a côte a l'os, assured of a quick and friendly service. Restaurant open on Friday to Monday.
- Veurnseweg 16
- +32 (0) 57 20 81 05
- Trattoria Alloro
- At Trattoria Alloro, the owners will serve you Italian food made with real passion – so it's the place to go for a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
- Patersstraat 2
- +32 (0) 57 36 53 75
- De Steenen Haene
- De Steenen Haene is a fine restaurant set in beautiful surroundings, that's also great to go with kids – thanks to the garden's playground equipment.
- Komenseweg 21
- 8902 Zillebeke
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 86
- In the elegant interior of the Capella you can enjoy culinary Belgian creations courtesy of the chef, served to you by his friendly wife. Closed on Mondays.
- Kiekenmarkt 7
- + (0) 57 36 61 32
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
St Louis Kriek Fond Tradition is a pure, traditional, kriekenbier. This fruit beer made by Castle Brewery Van Honsebrouck with krieken cherries (sour Morello-type cherries) is trul... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.