Where to Eat
- De Waterpoort
- At De Waterpoort you can enjoy classic Belgian menus alongside typical Greek, French or Italian dishes – all complemented by its bright and stylish interior.
- Brugseweg 43
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 52
- De Wijngaard
- De Wijngaard is a family restaurant business well-known for its great steaks. It's been successfully sizzling them since 1974, and is still run by the same friendly owners.
- Fochlaan 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 42 30
- In de Rustplaats
- At In de Rustplaats you can enjoy an exquisite fish-dish, or a côte a l'os, assured of a quick and friendly service. Restaurant open on Friday to Monday.
- Veurnseweg 16
- +32 (0) 57 20 81 05
- The Old Tom
- The Old Tom serves the specialities of Ypres for a reasonable price. Located at the market square, from its terrace you have a fine view onto St.-Martins Cathedral.
- Grote Markt 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 15 41
- Trattoria Alloro
- At Trattoria Alloro, the owners will serve you Italian food made with real passion – so it's the place to go for a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
- Patersstraat 2
- +32 (0) 57 36 53 75
- Restaurant Découvert calls an old mansion its home, made-over with a simple-yet-classy decor. According to their many great reviews, they serve up some classy dishes, too.
- Rijselsestraat 43
- +32 (0) 57 48 92 48
- De Steenen Haene
- De Steenen Haene is a fine restaurant set in beautiful surroundings, that's also great to go with kids – thanks to the garden's playground equipment.
- Komenseweg 21
- 8902 Zillebeke
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 86
- 't Klein Stadhuis
- 't Klein Stadhuis, or The Little Town Hall, is exactly that. This restaurant on the market dates back to 1342, and used to be the home for the Town Hall's caretaker. Specialises in dishes with Belgian beer.
- Grote Markt 32
- +32 (0) 57 21 55 42
- De Ruyffelaer
- At De Ruyffelaer you can have a traditional meal, just the way grandma would cook it (if she were Belgian). And in this rustic corner you're always served with a smile.
- Gustave De Stuersstraat 9-11
- +32 (0) 57 36 60 06
- Marktcafe Les Halles
- From early evening till late at night, stop off at Marktcafe Les Halles on the market square. As well as drinks they serve original good-quality food.
- Grote Markt 35
- In the elegant interior of the Capella you can enjoy culinary Belgian creations courtesy of the chef, served to you by his friendly wife. Closed on Mondays.
- Kiekenmarkt 7
- + (0) 57 36 61 32
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
Kasteel Tripel is a West Flemish tripel through and through, enriched with Belgian hops. Brewery CEO Xavier Van Honsebrouck firmly states that this Tripel is as solid as a castle, ... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.