Things to Do
- Brouwerij De Kazematten
- Visit the city brewery in Ieper. Opened in April 2014, Brouwerij De Kazematten brews two different beers, Wipers Times 14 and Grottenbier. Brewery tours cost €6 or €12 euros, reservation is advised.
- Houten Paard 1
- Ieper (Ypres)
- +32 (0) 57 38 80 21
- MORE INFORMATION
- Bellewaerde Park
- Bellewaerde is the oldest theme park in Belgium. Opened in 1954, it has been famed ever since for its beautiful 54 hectares of gardens – and rollercoasters and water rides!
- Meenseweg 497
- +32 (0) 57 46 86 86
- GSF Walk and Bike Rally
- If you're in Ypres in summer, you can join the GSF Walk & Bike Rally, where a guide will playfully take you through offbeat Ypres with questions, riddles & puzzles.
- Grote Markt 34
- +32 (0) 57 23 92 20
- Yorkshire Trench & Dug-out
- This site was discovered in the middle of an industrial estate, and is a small part of original trench and underground dug-out. Now preserved by a group of volunteers.
- 8904 Boezinge
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
It’s all in the name. Waterloo Triple Hop, an amber-coloured beer, is brewed with three different kinds of hop: Magnum bitter and two aroma varieties, Cascade and Citra, that in th... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.