Things to Do
- Cultuurcentrum De Grote Post
- De Grote Post is a recently-renovated cultural centre. Here you can watch – or get involved with – everything from comedy to theatre, music to dance. Located in the city centre and now has its own café.
- Hendrik Serruyslaan 18a
- +32 (0) 59 33 90 00
- Oostende Swimming Pool
- Located at '3 Gapers', right next to the beach, this public swimming pool has both indoor and outdoor pools, open everyday of the week (the outdoor pools only in the summer).
- Koninginnelaan 1
- +32 (0) 59 50 38 83
- This 1930's sailing-ship is moored in Ostend's marina, in front of City Hall. Since 1964 it has been floating museum, which you can explore both inside and out, to learn about its fascinating history.
- Jachthaven Mercator
- +32 (0) 59 51 70 10
- VVW Inside Outside
- Whether you're a beginner or an expert, whether it's kiting, surfing or windsurfing, everything that combines fun, excitement and the sea can be found at VVW Inside Outside. Join the club!
- Schietbaanstraat 100
- +32 (0) 59 32 03 32
- Marvin Gaye Walk-umentary
- Relive the unlikely love affair between US soul-singer, Marvin Gaye, and Belgium's favourite sea-side town, on the Marvin Gaye Midnight Love Tour. Rent your iPods & headset from the tourism office.
- Monacoplein 2
- +32 (0) 59 70 11 99
- Ostend Racecourse
- Place your bets at the Ostend Horse Races, held at the Wellington Renbaan, or come here for a drink and to enjoy its live concert program – held every Monday in July & August from 4pm to 9pm.
- Sportstraat 48
- +32 (0) 59 80 60 55
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
OMER. Traditional Blond has a particularly interesting history, wrapped up as it is with the history of the family behind the brewery. It was in 1892 that Omer Vander Ghinste start... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.