Things to Do
- Cultuurcentrum De Grote Post
- De Grote Post is a recently-renovated cultural centre. Here you can watch – or get involved with – everything from comedy to theatre, music to dance. Located in the city centre and now has its own café.
- Hendrik Serruyslaan 18a
- +32 (0) 59 33 90 00
- Marvin Gaye Walk-umentary
- Relive the unlikely love affair between US soul-singer, Marvin Gaye, and Belgium's favourite sea-side town, on the Marvin Gaye Midnight Love Tour. Rent your iPods & headset from the tourism office.
- Monacoplein 2
- +32 (0) 59 70 11 99
- Oostende Swimming Pool
- Located at '3 Gapers', right next to the beach, this public swimming pool has both indoor and outdoor pools, open everyday of the week (the outdoor pools only in the summer).
- Koninginnelaan 1
- +32 (0) 59 50 38 83
- VVW Inside Outside
- Whether you're a beginner or an expert, whether it's kiting, surfing or windsurfing, everything that combines fun, excitement and the sea can be found at VVW Inside Outside. Join the club!
- Schietbaanstraat 100
- +32 (0) 59 32 03 32
- This 1930's sailing-ship is moored in Ostend's marina, in front of City Hall. Since 1964 it has been floating museum, which you can explore both inside and out, to learn about its fascinating history.
- Jachthaven Mercator
- +32 (0) 59 51 70 10
- Ostend Racecourse
- Place your bets at the Ostend Horse Races, held at the Wellington Renbaan, or come here for a drink and to enjoy its live concert program – held every Monday in July & August from 4pm to 9pm.
- Sportstraat 48
- +32 (0) 59 80 60 55
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
The Houblon Chouffe is a crossover beer – a Belgian interpretation of the India Pale Ale (IPA), a beer style originating in England. Extra hops were added to these ales, to make s... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.