- Sint-Petrus-en-Pauluskerk is a Roman Catholic church in the heart of old Oostende. The 'Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul' is famed for its impressive neo-gothic architecture, and is over 70m high.
- Sint-Petrus en-Paulusplein
- +32 (0) 59 80 55 00
- Rock Strangers
- A more vibrant, attention-grabbing series of sea-front sculptures would be hard to find. Rising like gigantic glowing rubies above the beach, these metal monsters have become icons for an Ostend reborn.
- Fort Napoleon
- Fort Napoleon was built in 1811 by Napoleon as a means to defend Ostend from English invasion. Used in World War I, as headquarters for German forces, it is now both a museum and a memorial.
- Vuurtorenweg 1/Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 00 48
- Horse-drawn Carriages
- Discover Oostende from a different perspective, riding in a horse-and-carriage, hired from the Seamen's Memorial (weather-permitting). Tours wend in and around this much-storied sea-side town.
- +32 (0) 478 30 96 10
- O.129 Amandine
- This large 20th-century fishing trawler once plied the cold North Atlantic near Iceland, but ended its days in Ostend. It's now an interactive museum, explaining the risky livelihood of trawlermen.
- Vindictivelaan 35-Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 32 89
- This 1930's sailing-ship is moored in Ostend's marina, in front of City Hall. Since 1964 it has been floating museum, which you can explore both inside and out, to learn about its fascinating history.
- Jachthaven Mercator
- +32 (0) 59 51 70 10
- Atlantic Wall
- These are the evocative remains of Hitler's defensive wall, built during the WWII to prevent the Allied invasion. The Atlantic Wall museum is in Raversijde, on the outskirts of Oostende.
- Nieuwpoortsesteenweg 636
- +32 (0) 59 70 22 85
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
Premium Gueuze is the flagship brew of the St. Louis range and one of the jewels in the crown of Castle Brewery Van Honsebrouck. This was by no means certain when Luc Van Honsebrou... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.