- Fort Napoleon
- Fort Napoleon was built in 1811 by Napoleon as a means to defend Ostend from English invasion. Used in World War I, as headquarters for German forces, it is now both a museum and a memorial.
- Vuurtorenweg 1/Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 00 48
- Horse-drawn Carriages
- Discover Oostende from a different perspective, riding in a horse-and-carriage, hired from the Seamen's Memorial (weather-permitting). Tours wend in and around this much-storied sea-side town.
- +32 (0) 478 30 96 10
- Atlantic Wall
- These are the evocative remains of Hitler's defensive wall, built during the WWII to prevent the Allied invasion. The Atlantic Wall museum is in Raversijde, on the outskirts of Oostende.
- Nieuwpoortsesteenweg 636
- +32 (0) 59 70 22 85
- Sint-Petrus-en-Pauluskerk is a Roman Catholic church in the heart of old Oostende. The 'Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul' is famed for its impressive neo-gothic architecture, and is over 70m high.
- Sint-Petrus en-Paulusplein
- +32 (0) 59 80 55 00
- O.129 Amandine
- This large 20th-century fishing trawler once plied the cold North Atlantic near Iceland, but ended its days in Ostend. It's now an interactive museum, explaining the risky livelihood of trawlermen.
- Vindictivelaan 35-Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 32 89
- This 1930's sailing-ship is moored in Ostend's marina, in front of City Hall. Since 1964 it has been floating museum, which you can explore both inside and out, to learn about its fascinating history.
- Jachthaven Mercator
- +32 (0) 59 51 70 10
- Rock Strangers
- A more vibrant, attention-grabbing series of sea-front sculptures would be hard to find. Rising like gigantic glowing rubies above the beach, these metal monsters have become icons for an Ostend reborn.
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.