- This 1930's sailing-ship is moored in Ostend's marina, in front of City Hall. Since 1964 it has been floating museum, which you can explore both inside and out, to learn about its fascinating history.
- Jachthaven Mercator
- +32 (0) 59 51 70 10
- Rock Strangers
- A more vibrant, attention-grabbing series of sea-front sculptures would be hard to find. Rising like gigantic glowing rubies above the beach, these metal monsters have become icons for an Ostend reborn.
- Sint-Petrus-en-Pauluskerk is a Roman Catholic church in the heart of old Oostende. The 'Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul' is famed for its impressive neo-gothic architecture, and is over 70m high.
- Sint-Petrus en-Paulusplein
- +32 (0) 59 80 55 00
- Atlantic Wall
- These are the evocative remains of Hitler's defensive wall, built during the WWII to prevent the Allied invasion. The Atlantic Wall museum is in Raversijde, on the outskirts of Oostende.
- Nieuwpoortsesteenweg 636
- +32 (0) 59 70 22 85
- Fort Napoleon
- Fort Napoleon was built in 1811 by Napoleon as a means to defend Ostend from English invasion. Used in World War I, as headquarters for German forces, it is now both a museum and a memorial.
- Vuurtorenweg 1/Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 00 48
- O.129 Amandine
- This large 20th-century fishing trawler once plied the cold North Atlantic near Iceland, but ended its days in Ostend. It's now an interactive museum, explaining the risky livelihood of trawlermen.
- Vindictivelaan 35-Z
- +32 (0) 59 32 32 89
- Horse-drawn Carriages
- Discover Oostende from a different perspective, riding in a horse-and-carriage, hired from the Seamen's Memorial (weather-permitting). Tours wend in and around this much-storied sea-side town.
- +32 (0) 478 30 96 10
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
A tripel is a strong beer, usually a blonde, with a good balance between malt and hops in its taste. And a modern tripel is fruity and dry with plenty of carbon dioxide and a fine ... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.