Where to Eat
- 't Fonduehuisje
- A typical Swiss restaurant with rather special Swiss Fondue specialities. Enjoy fondues with fish, raclette or even chocolate on their covered & heated garden terrace.
- St. Maartenstraat 12c
- Faculty Club
- Whether a meeting or a dinner-date, this place won't fail to make a lasting impression. It is situated in a magnificently restored building in Leuven's béguinages.
- Groot Begijnhof 14
- +32 (0) 16 32 95 00
- Just the vibrant interior of this Bengal restaurant makes it worth a visit. All is freshly prepared, with no sugar, cream, frozen food or animal fat. Vegetarian dishes also served.
- Tiensestraat 48
- +32 (0) 16 22 98 68
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- Ter Eycken
- Stylish marble fireplaces, antique doors & 3 dining rooms make this charming old mansion the perfect space for a romantic dinner – matched perfectly to the historic city of Leuven.
- Eikstraat 10
- +32 (0) 16 23 54 34
- The Mediterranean lifestyle is central to Turquoise, as is a fresh, honest approach to sun-filled cuisine & a creative flair. The menu is extensive & the dishes are surprisingly affordable.
- Naamsevest 6
- +32 (0) 472 86 05 71
- This modern chic restaurant in the city centre has seen it chef, Bram Verbeken, awarded 'Beer Cook of 2009'. Sure to turn your plate into a wonderful culinary painting.
- Bondgenotenlaan 92
- +32 (0) 16 20 50 05
- 't Zwart Schaap
- Located in the historic heart of town, on the picturesque road between the Grand Place & Muntstraat, 't Zwart Schaap offers a unique & authentic setting, with classic French-Belgian cuisine.
- Boekhandelstraat 1
- +32 (0) 16 23 24 16
- Synonymous with Italian cuisine, Ascoli throws in a few French touches here & there. The menu is always changing, with seasonal dishes offered along with an extensive choice of wines.
- Muntstraat 17
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 64
- Enjoy great music and an intimate atmosphere at the STUKcafé. They also offer great stews – with blue Chimay or Quorn au vin – as well as pastas, soups, sandwiches & chili.
- Naamsestraat 96
- +32 (0) 16 32 03 23
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
Monks live their lives to the rhythm of prayer. Vespers is the evening prayer said just before sunset, and it has served as the inspiration for the Cornelissen brewery’s Herkenrode... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.