- Started in 1439, this City Hall is one of the Belgium's most celebrated, built with a superb Gothic styling throughout its three storeys. Guided tours can be arranged for visitors.
- Grote Markt 9
- +32 (0) 16 28 23 17
- Sint Pieterskerk
- St. Peter's Church is a 15th-century Roman Catholic church that replaced the previous Romanesque building. Famed for it low bell tower after work stopped in the 1600's,
- Grote Markt
- +32 (0) 16 29 51 33
- Provinciaal Domein Kessel-Lo
- This recreational park has playgrounds, electric & rowing boats, mini-cars, roller-skating & an outdoor heated paddling pool. Sports enthusiasts can play tennis, football, volleyball & basketball.
- + 32 (0) 16 25 13 92
- Groot Begijnhof
- The Grand Beguinage (Begijnhof Ten Hove) is unique: a fully restored historic district of 10 streets & one of the largest beguinages in Flanders, covering 3 hectares.
- Bell Tower
- The beautiful carillon of the Bell Tower, one of the largest in Belgium, has 63 bells weighing 35 tons. You'll also find the central university library here.
- +32 (0) 16 32 40 10
- Sint-Geertruikerk en Abdij
- This church & abbey are situated in the centre of a small beguinage. The abbey, built between the 14th and 17th-centuries, has recently been restored and furnished as residences.
- Abdij van Keizersberg
- A 19th-century abbey founded as a study house for monks from the Maredsous Abbey near Namur – the abbey famously on the label of Duvel Moortgat's Maredsous line.
- Mechelsestraat 202
- +32 (0) 16 31 00 60
- The Kruidtuin is the oldest botanical garden in Belgium, dating back to 1738. This unique city-centre garden contains a sunken garden, a fruit garden & a tropical conservatory.
- Kapucijnenvoer 30
- Sint Donatuspark
- This city park, created in the English style, had a design makeover in the 1990's. Here you can see remnants of the original 12th-century city walls of Leuven.
- Charles Deberiotstraat
- Abdij van 't Park
- Beautiful park founded in 1129 by Duke Godfrey, who owned this land near Leuven. He invited the Premonstratensians to move into the small church he had built there.
- Abdij van Park 7
- 3001 Heverlee
- +32 (0) 16 40 36 40
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
History and beer often go hand in hand when it comes to Belgian beer. That's undoubtedly the case with the Ename Dubbel, a dark abbey beer that shares an interesting back-story wit... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.