- Sint Donatuspark
- This city park, created in the English style, had a design makeover in the 1990's. Here you can see remnants of the original 12th-century city walls of Leuven.
- Charles Deberiotstraat
- Abdij van Keizersberg
- A 19th-century abbey founded as a study house for monks from the Maredsous Abbey near Namur – the abbey famously on the label of Duvel Moortgat's Maredsous line.
- Mechelsestraat 202
- +32 (0) 16 31 00 60
- Provinciaal Domein Kessel-Lo
- This recreational park has playgrounds, electric & rowing boats, mini-cars, roller-skating & an outdoor heated paddling pool. Sports enthusiasts can play tennis, football, volleyball & basketball.
- + 32 (0) 16 25 13 92
- Abdij van 't Park
- Beautiful park founded in 1129 by Duke Godfrey, who owned this land near Leuven. He invited the Premonstratensians to move into the small church he had built there.
- Abdij van Park 7
- 3001 Heverlee
- +32 (0) 16 40 36 40
- Sint Pieterskerk
- St. Peter's Church is a 15th-century Roman Catholic church that replaced the previous Romanesque building. Famed for it low bell tower after work stopped in the 1600's,
- Grote Markt
- +32 (0) 16 29 51 33
- The Kruidtuin is the oldest botanical garden in Belgium, dating back to 1738. This unique city-centre garden contains a sunken garden, a fruit garden & a tropical conservatory.
- Kapucijnenvoer 30
- Sint-Geertruikerk en Abdij
- This church & abbey are situated in the centre of a small beguinage. The abbey, built between the 14th and 17th-centuries, has recently been restored and furnished as residences.
- Groot Begijnhof
- The Grand Beguinage (Begijnhof Ten Hove) is unique: a fully restored historic district of 10 streets & one of the largest beguinages in Flanders, covering 3 hectares.
- Started in 1439, this City Hall is one of the Belgium's most celebrated, built with a superb Gothic styling throughout its three storeys. Guided tours can be arranged for visitors.
- Grote Markt 9
- +32 (0) 16 28 23 17
- Bell Tower
- The beautiful carillon of the Bell Tower, one of the largest in Belgium, has 63 bells weighing 35 tons. You'll also find the central university library here.
- +32 (0) 16 32 40 10
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
Belgium is proud of its abbey beers and their centuries-old tradition. These include the beers brewed by Val-Dieu, near Liège. The current brewers were inspired by the traditional ... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.