- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- De Blauwe Kater
- Jazz-loving beer lovers, beware! De Blauwe Kater serves as many as 90 varieties of beer, with live Jazz performances every Monday, completely free!
- Hallengang 1
- +32 (0) 16 20 80 90
- This beer-cafe on Leuven's main square has a great selection of famous and less-famous beers on their menu. Check out their special featured 'Beer of the month'.
- Oude Markt 43
- +32 (0) 496 42 48 37
- An old folk café where real Leuven locals go. Just around the corner is a lime tree, the replacement for the original 'jeeskesboom', the city's famed 14th-century emblematic oak.
- Diestsestraat 56
- +32 (0) 16 22 28 50
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- De Fiere Margriet
- Unique in Leuven: a beerhouse with a range of over 300 beers. For true beer-specialists, or those looking for something a little beyond the everyday beer.
- Margarethaplein 11
- +32 (0) 486 06 78 16
- Café Allee
- 'The Allee' is a true classic beer-cafe in the Old Market. Enjoy its good-time atmosphere, either inside its many-storied 4 walls, or outside on the terrace, beer in hand.
- Oude Markt 41
- +32 (0) 16 20 07 37
- De Libertad
- Go to the Liberad for a great time with mates, with its popular summer terrace, a homely bar-room atmosphere & the perfect tapped Stella – all since 1981!
- Muntstraat 28
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 93
- De Giraf
- De Giraf has an extensive beer selection of 60 beers, including both well-known locals & more unusual beers. Two standouts on tap: Le Cuvés des Trolles & Kriek M.S
- Oude Markt 38
- Run by 2 brothers with a passion for beer, the menu includes some 60 Hagelandse beers. Accessible either through the museum or by a separate entrance in Savoyestraat.
- Savoyestraat 10
- +32 (0) 472 70 10 69
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
The Houblon Chouffe is a crossover beer – a Belgian interpretation of the India Pale Ale (IPA), a beer style originating in England. Extra hops were added to these ales, to make s... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.