- De Blauwe Kater
- Jazz-loving beer lovers, beware! De Blauwe Kater serves as many as 90 varieties of beer, with live Jazz performances every Monday, completely free!
- Hallengang 1
- +32 (0) 16 20 80 90
- Café Allee
- 'The Allee' is a true classic beer-cafe in the Old Market. Enjoy its good-time atmosphere, either inside its many-storied 4 walls, or outside on the terrace, beer in hand.
- Oude Markt 41
- +32 (0) 16 20 07 37
- De Fiere Margriet
- Unique in Leuven: a beerhouse with a range of over 300 beers. For true beer-specialists, or those looking for something a little beyond the everyday beer.
- Margarethaplein 11
- +32 (0) 486 06 78 16
- This beer-cafe on Leuven's main square has a great selection of famous and less-famous beers on their menu. Check out their special featured 'Beer of the month'.
- Oude Markt 43
- +32 (0) 496 42 48 37
- De Libertad
- Go to the Liberad for a great time with mates, with its popular summer terrace, a homely bar-room atmosphere & the perfect tapped Stella – all since 1981!
- Muntstraat 28
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 93
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- Run by 2 brothers with a passion for beer, the menu includes some 60 Hagelandse beers. Accessible either through the museum or by a separate entrance in Savoyestraat.
- Savoyestraat 10
- +32 (0) 472 70 10 69
- An old folk café where real Leuven locals go. Just around the corner is a lime tree, the replacement for the original 'jeeskesboom', the city's famed 14th-century emblematic oak.
- Diestsestraat 56
- +32 (0) 16 22 28 50
- De Giraf
- De Giraf has an extensive beer selection of 60 beers, including both well-known locals & more unusual beers. Two standouts on tap: Le Cuvés des Trolles & Kriek M.S
- Oude Markt 38
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
Premium Gueuze is the flagship brew of the St. Louis range and one of the jewels in the crown of Castle Brewery Van Honsebrouck. This was by no means certain when Luc Van Honsebrou... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.