- De Giraf
- De Giraf has an extensive beer selection of 60 beers, including both well-known locals & more unusual beers. Two standouts on tap: Le Cuvés des Trolles & Kriek M.S
- Oude Markt 38
- De Libertad
- Go to the Liberad for a great time with mates, with its popular summer terrace, a homely bar-room atmosphere & the perfect tapped Stella – all since 1981!
- Muntstraat 28
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 93
- Run by 2 brothers with a passion for beer, the menu includes some 60 Hagelandse beers. Accessible either through the museum or by a separate entrance in Savoyestraat.
- Savoyestraat 10
- +32 (0) 472 70 10 69
- De Fiere Margriet
- Unique in Leuven: a beerhouse with a range of over 300 beers. For true beer-specialists, or those looking for something a little beyond the everyday beer.
- Margarethaplein 11
- +32 (0) 486 06 78 16
- This beer-cafe on Leuven's main square has a great selection of famous and less-famous beers on their menu. Check out their special featured 'Beer of the month'.
- Oude Markt 43
- +32 (0) 496 42 48 37
- De Blauwe Kater
- Jazz-loving beer lovers, beware! De Blauwe Kater serves as many as 90 varieties of beer, with live Jazz performances every Monday, completely free!
- Hallengang 1
- +32 (0) 16 20 80 90
- An old folk café where real Leuven locals go. Just around the corner is a lime tree, the replacement for the original 'jeeskesboom', the city's famed 14th-century emblematic oak.
- Diestsestraat 56
- +32 (0) 16 22 28 50
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- Café Allee
- 'The Allee' is a true classic beer-cafe in the Old Market. Enjoy its good-time atmosphere, either inside its many-storied 4 walls, or outside on the terrace, beer in hand.
- Oude Markt 41
- +32 (0) 16 20 07 37
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
The now defunct Brasserie Le Fort in Kortrijk made a name for itself with its strong beers. Tripel LeFort pays homage to that brewery that closed its doors in 1911, moving its prod... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.