- De Fiere Margriet
- Unique in Leuven: a beerhouse with a range of over 300 beers. For true beer-specialists, or those looking for something a little beyond the everyday beer.
- Margarethaplein 11
- +32 (0) 486 06 78 16
- De Libertad
- Go to the Liberad for a great time with mates, with its popular summer terrace, a homely bar-room atmosphere & the perfect tapped Stella – all since 1981!
- Muntstraat 28
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 93
- De Blauwe Kater
- Jazz-loving beer lovers, beware! De Blauwe Kater serves as many as 90 varieties of beer, with live Jazz performances every Monday, completely free!
- Hallengang 1
- +32 (0) 16 20 80 90
- De Giraf
- De Giraf has an extensive beer selection of 60 beers, including both well-known locals & more unusual beers. Two standouts on tap: Le Cuvés des Trolles & Kriek M.S
- Oude Markt 38
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- Run by 2 brothers with a passion for beer, the menu includes some 60 Hagelandse beers. Accessible either through the museum or by a separate entrance in Savoyestraat.
- Savoyestraat 10
- +32 (0) 472 70 10 69
- An old folk café where real Leuven locals go. Just around the corner is a lime tree, the replacement for the original 'jeeskesboom', the city's famed 14th-century emblematic oak.
- Diestsestraat 56
- +32 (0) 16 22 28 50
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- Café Allee
- 'The Allee' is a true classic beer-cafe in the Old Market. Enjoy its good-time atmosphere, either inside its many-storied 4 walls, or outside on the terrace, beer in hand.
- Oude Markt 41
- +32 (0) 16 20 07 37
- This beer-cafe on Leuven's main square has a great selection of famous and less-famous beers on their menu. Check out their special featured 'Beer of the month'.
- Oude Markt 43
- +32 (0) 496 42 48 37
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
The name of both the beer and the brewery harks back to an Irish monk who died a martyr’s death when he arrived to evangelise the region. He was elevated to sainthood and, after hi... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.