- De Blauwe Kater
- Jazz-loving beer lovers, beware! De Blauwe Kater serves as many as 90 varieties of beer, with live Jazz performances every Monday, completely free!
- Hallengang 1
- +32 (0) 16 20 80 90
- This beer-cafe on Leuven's main square has a great selection of famous and less-famous beers on their menu. Check out their special featured 'Beer of the month'.
- Oude Markt 43
- +32 (0) 496 42 48 37
- De Giraf
- De Giraf has an extensive beer selection of 60 beers, including both well-known locals & more unusual beers. Two standouts on tap: Le Cuvés des Trolles & Kriek M.S
- Oude Markt 38
- Café Allee
- 'The Allee' is a true classic beer-cafe in the Old Market. Enjoy its good-time atmosphere, either inside its many-storied 4 walls, or outside on the terrace, beer in hand.
- Oude Markt 41
- +32 (0) 16 20 07 37
- De Libertad
- Go to the Liberad for a great time with mates, with its popular summer terrace, a homely bar-room atmosphere & the perfect tapped Stella – all since 1981!
- Muntstraat 28
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 93
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- Run by 2 brothers with a passion for beer, the menu includes some 60 Hagelandse beers. Accessible either through the museum or by a separate entrance in Savoyestraat.
- Savoyestraat 10
- +32 (0) 472 70 10 69
- An old folk café where real Leuven locals go. Just around the corner is a lime tree, the replacement for the original 'jeeskesboom', the city's famed 14th-century emblematic oak.
- Diestsestraat 56
- +32 (0) 16 22 28 50
- De Fiere Margriet
- Unique in Leuven: a beerhouse with a range of over 300 beers. For true beer-specialists, or those looking for something a little beyond the everyday beer.
- Margarethaplein 11
- +32 (0) 486 06 78 16
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
The Rodenbach Grand Cru is the archetypal Flanders red-brown beer. Each of these beers is a unique blend, but they all share a brewing process characteristic of the area surroundin... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.