Where to Eat
- De Witte Leeuw
- De Witte Leeuw is a classy Burgundian restaurant, with its wide terrace looking out onto the beautiful de Leie. Always busy, so reservation is advised.
- Graslei 6
- +32 (0) 9 223 48 58
- De Rave
- With a peaceful atmosphere, spacious seating & gentle background music, De Rave aims to make you feel completely 'Zen'. Look out for it close to the Vrijdagsmarkt.
- Schepenhuisstraat 2
- +32 (0) 9 225 96 60
- The House of Eliott
- Enjoy a gastronomic delight at this restaurant with a very special décor from the 1920's: based on the UK TV series 'The House of Eliot'. Make sure you try their lobster!
- Jan Breydelstraat 36
- +32 (0) 9 225 21 28
- The place where the classic 'Martino sandwich' was invented, it now serves omelettes, steaks and burgers, all still with that Martino panache. Open until 1am.
- Vlaanderenstraat 125
- +32 (0) 9 225 01 04
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Passion serves up its first-class menu in Ghent's city center. On the inside is a romantic dining room; outside is a large sunny terrace. Closed on Wed & Thurs.
- Emile Braunplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 225 68 86
- De Graslei
- Restaurant De Graslei has a warm Ghent welcome, a friendly service, and excellent Belgian salad, fish & meat dishes - so you're guaranteed a pleasurable and memorable meal.
- Graslei 7
- +32 (0) 9 225 51 47
- Restaurant Valentijn
- High-class Restaurant Valentijn combines friendly service with a sparkling culinary experience. On Saturdays they only serve a set 4-course menu; reservation is advised.
- Rodekoningstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 22 504 29
- Exki is a healthy fast-food restaurant, made for lovers of natural, nutritious foods of the highest quality. From soups to sandwiches, & all vegetarian.
- Sint Michielshelling 2
- +32 (0) 9 269 05 00
- If you have kids in need of distraction, Klaverblad is the restaurant to hit. Outside is a large play area & terrace, while inside are books & games. Private parking provided.
- Antwerpsesteenweg 963
- 9041 Oostakker
- +32 (0) 9 355 10 21
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
In 2016 the abbey of Val-Dieu, not far from the city of Liège, celebrated its 800th anniversary - 800 years young and still going strong. Among the celebrations was the launch of t... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.