Where to Eat
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- De Rave
- With a peaceful atmosphere, spacious seating & gentle background music, De Rave aims to make you feel completely 'Zen'. Look out for it close to the Vrijdagsmarkt.
- Schepenhuisstraat 2
- +32 (0) 9 225 96 60
- De Witte Leeuw
- De Witte Leeuw is a classy Burgundian restaurant, with its wide terrace looking out onto the beautiful de Leie. Always busy, so reservation is advised.
- Graslei 6
- +32 (0) 9 223 48 58
- Exki is a healthy fast-food restaurant, made for lovers of natural, nutritious foods of the highest quality. From soups to sandwiches, & all vegetarian.
- Sint Michielshelling 2
- +32 (0) 9 269 05 00
- Restaurant Valentijn
- High-class Restaurant Valentijn combines friendly service with a sparkling culinary experience. On Saturdays they only serve a set 4-course menu; reservation is advised.
- Rodekoningstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 22 504 29
- If you have kids in need of distraction, Klaverblad is the restaurant to hit. Outside is a large play area & terrace, while inside are books & games. Private parking provided.
- Antwerpsesteenweg 963
- 9041 Oostakker
- +32 (0) 9 355 10 21
- Passion serves up its first-class menu in Ghent's city center. On the inside is a romantic dining room; outside is a large sunny terrace. Closed on Wed & Thurs.
- Emile Braunplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 225 68 86
- The place where the classic 'Martino sandwich' was invented, it now serves omelettes, steaks and burgers, all still with that Martino panache. Open until 1am.
- Vlaanderenstraat 125
- +32 (0) 9 225 01 04
- The House of Eliott
- Enjoy a gastronomic delight at this restaurant with a very special décor from the 1920's: based on the UK TV series 'The House of Eliot'. Make sure you try their lobster!
- Jan Breydelstraat 36
- +32 (0) 9 225 21 28
- De Graslei
- Restaurant De Graslei has a warm Ghent welcome, a friendly service, and excellent Belgian salad, fish & meat dishes - so you're guaranteed a pleasurable and memorable meal.
- Graslei 7
- +32 (0) 9 225 51 47
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
The Gentse Strop, introduced in 2011, is one of Brouwerij Roman's most popular beers, and a reminder of the historic ties between the cities of Oudenaarde and Ghent. Just what are ... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.