Where to Eat
- If you have kids in need of distraction, Klaverblad is the restaurant to hit. Outside is a large play area & terrace, while inside are books & games. Private parking provided.
- Antwerpsesteenweg 963
- 9041 Oostakker
- +32 (0) 9 355 10 21
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- De Graslei
- Restaurant De Graslei has a warm Ghent welcome, a friendly service, and excellent Belgian salad, fish & meat dishes - so you're guaranteed a pleasurable and memorable meal.
- Graslei 7
- +32 (0) 9 225 51 47
- De Rave
- With a peaceful atmosphere, spacious seating & gentle background music, De Rave aims to make you feel completely 'Zen'. Look out for it close to the Vrijdagsmarkt.
- Schepenhuisstraat 2
- +32 (0) 9 225 96 60
- De Witte Leeuw
- De Witte Leeuw is a classy Burgundian restaurant, with its wide terrace looking out onto the beautiful de Leie. Always busy, so reservation is advised.
- Graslei 6
- +32 (0) 9 223 48 58
- The House of Eliott
- Enjoy a gastronomic delight at this restaurant with a very special décor from the 1920's: based on the UK TV series 'The House of Eliot'. Make sure you try their lobster!
- Jan Breydelstraat 36
- +32 (0) 9 225 21 28
- The place where the classic 'Martino sandwich' was invented, it now serves omelettes, steaks and burgers, all still with that Martino panache. Open until 1am.
- Vlaanderenstraat 125
- +32 (0) 9 225 01 04
- Restaurant Valentijn
- High-class Restaurant Valentijn combines friendly service with a sparkling culinary experience. On Saturdays they only serve a set 4-course menu; reservation is advised.
- Rodekoningstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 22 504 29
- Exki is a healthy fast-food restaurant, made for lovers of natural, nutritious foods of the highest quality. From soups to sandwiches, & all vegetarian.
- Sint Michielshelling 2
- +32 (0) 9 269 05 00
- Passion serves up its first-class menu in Ghent's city center. On the inside is a romantic dining room; outside is a large sunny terrace. Closed on Wed & Thurs.
- Emile Braunplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 225 68 86
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
Belgian ‘dubbels’ tend to be strong, dark brown beers. This beer style was inspired by the classic dark abbey beers. Tungri Dubbel is both mild and well-balanced. It re-ferments in... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.