Where to Eat
- Exki is a healthy fast-food restaurant, made for lovers of natural, nutritious foods of the highest quality. From soups to sandwiches, & all vegetarian.
- Sint Michielshelling 2
- +32 (0) 9 269 05 00
- If you have kids in need of distraction, Klaverblad is the restaurant to hit. Outside is a large play area & terrace, while inside are books & games. Private parking provided.
- Antwerpsesteenweg 963
- 9041 Oostakker
- +32 (0) 9 355 10 21
- Restaurant Valentijn
- High-class Restaurant Valentijn combines friendly service with a sparkling culinary experience. On Saturdays they only serve a set 4-course menu; reservation is advised.
- Rodekoningstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 22 504 29
- Passion serves up its first-class menu in Ghent's city center. On the inside is a romantic dining room; outside is a large sunny terrace. Closed on Wed & Thurs.
- Emile Braunplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 225 68 86
- The House of Eliott
- Enjoy a gastronomic delight at this restaurant with a very special décor from the 1920's: based on the UK TV series 'The House of Eliot'. Make sure you try their lobster!
- Jan Breydelstraat 36
- +32 (0) 9 225 21 28
- The place where the classic 'Martino sandwich' was invented, it now serves omelettes, steaks and burgers, all still with that Martino panache. Open until 1am.
- Vlaanderenstraat 125
- +32 (0) 9 225 01 04
- De Graslei
- Restaurant De Graslei has a warm Ghent welcome, a friendly service, and excellent Belgian salad, fish & meat dishes - so you're guaranteed a pleasurable and memorable meal.
- Graslei 7
- +32 (0) 9 225 51 47
- De Rave
- With a peaceful atmosphere, spacious seating & gentle background music, De Rave aims to make you feel completely 'Zen'. Look out for it close to the Vrijdagsmarkt.
- Schepenhuisstraat 2
- +32 (0) 9 225 96 60
- De Witte Leeuw
- De Witte Leeuw is a classy Burgundian restaurant, with its wide terrace looking out onto the beautiful de Leie. Always busy, so reservation is advised.
- Graslei 6
- +32 (0) 9 223 48 58
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
The Rodenbach Grand Cru is the archetypal Flanders red-brown beer. Each of these beers is a unique blend, but they all share a brewing process characteristic of the area surroundin... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.