Where to Eat
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- De Rave
- With a peaceful atmosphere, spacious seating & gentle background music, De Rave aims to make you feel completely 'Zen'. Look out for it close to the Vrijdagsmarkt.
- Schepenhuisstraat 2
- +32 (0) 9 225 96 60
- If you have kids in need of distraction, Klaverblad is the restaurant to hit. Outside is a large play area & terrace, while inside are books & games. Private parking provided.
- Antwerpsesteenweg 963
- 9041 Oostakker
- +32 (0) 9 355 10 21
- De Witte Leeuw
- De Witte Leeuw is a classy Burgundian restaurant, with its wide terrace looking out onto the beautiful de Leie. Always busy, so reservation is advised.
- Graslei 6
- +32 (0) 9 223 48 58
- Exki is a healthy fast-food restaurant, made for lovers of natural, nutritious foods of the highest quality. From soups to sandwiches, & all vegetarian.
- Sint Michielshelling 2
- +32 (0) 9 269 05 00
- Restaurant Valentijn
- High-class Restaurant Valentijn combines friendly service with a sparkling culinary experience. On Saturdays they only serve a set 4-course menu; reservation is advised.
- Rodekoningstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 22 504 29
- De Graslei
- Restaurant De Graslei has a warm Ghent welcome, a friendly service, and excellent Belgian salad, fish & meat dishes - so you're guaranteed a pleasurable and memorable meal.
- Graslei 7
- +32 (0) 9 225 51 47
- The House of Eliott
- Enjoy a gastronomic delight at this restaurant with a very special décor from the 1920's: based on the UK TV series 'The House of Eliot'. Make sure you try their lobster!
- Jan Breydelstraat 36
- +32 (0) 9 225 21 28
- Passion serves up its first-class menu in Ghent's city center. On the inside is a romantic dining room; outside is a large sunny terrace. Closed on Wed & Thurs.
- Emile Braunplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 225 68 86
- The place where the classic 'Martino sandwich' was invented, it now serves omelettes, steaks and burgers, all still with that Martino panache. Open until 1am.
- Vlaanderenstraat 125
- +32 (0) 9 225 01 04
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
La Chouffe is Brasserie d’Achouffe's star brew. This strong blond ‘gnome beer’, first brewed in 1982, today accounts for 80 per cent of the brewery’s output. Not only did the bre... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.