- AZ Jan Palfijn Hospital
- Ghent's main hospital in the west part of the city, offering a complete range of medical services, including emergency treatment.
- Koningin Fabiolalaan 57
- +32 (0) 9 240 98 11
- AZ Maria Middelares Hospital
- A full-spectrum general hospital in the south-west of Ghent, AZ Maria Middelares Hospital offers a complete range of medical services.
- Kliniekstraat 27
- +32 (0) 9 260 60 60
- UZ Gent Hospital
- This is Ghent's main university hospital, which sits in the south-central part of the city. Has a full range of specialist medical services.
- De Pintelaan 185
- +32 (0) 9 332 21 11
- The Ghent local police are often seen in town, on foot or bicycle. If it's an emergency, call 101, otherwise call the local line, on 09 266 61 11.
- Antonius Triestlaan 12
- (Emergency Tel: 101)
- +32 (0) 9 266 61 11
- Fire Brigade
- Call 100 or 112 in the event of a fire or a potential fire. You can also call this number for medical emergencies, as the service has ambulances.
- Roggestraat 70
- (Emergency Tel: 112)
- +32 (0) 9 268 88 99
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
The Saint-Martin abbey beers are heirs to the former Abbey of Saint-Martin in Doornik (Tournai), one of the oldest cities in Belgium. The abbey was founded many centuries ago and c... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.