Things to Do
- Brouwerij Van Steenberge
- This traditional family run brewery is being transformed into a state of the art facility. After the visit you will make a trip down Memory Lane in the old brewery tavern welcomed by Augustijn, Gulden Draak and Piraat.
- Lindenlaan 25
- +32 (0) 9 344 50 71
- MORE INFORMATION
- Balloon & Heli
- Balloon & Heli is a professional & experienced company with superb flight record stretching over years. They can offer you a breathtaking balloon journey, or a thrilling helicopter ride.
- Hofveldstraat 36
- 9688 Maarkedal
- +32 (0) 475 47 37 27
- Pretland is a large indoor playground, ready-made for children from 1 to 10. Countless hours of carefree fun for your kids, while you enjoy a nice cup of coffee.
- Wiedauwkaai 52
- +32 (0) 9 374 44 47
- Vlaamse Opera
- The Flemish Opera is a non-profit company that puts on a varied program of opera and concerts, together with performances of many different kinds of theater.
- Schouwburgstraat 3
- +32 (0) 9 268 10 11
- De Bootjes van Gent
- Get on board one of the city's many canal boats, for a tourist cruise round the beautiful city of Ghent & see its stunning historical buildings from a fresh perspective.
- Korenlei 4A
- +32 (0) 9 229 17 16
- Studio Skoop
- Studio Skoop runs movies from all over the world, focussing on internationally acclaimed & honored films. Enjoy them in one of their five cosy air-conditioned 'theatres'.
- Sint-Annaplein 63
- +32 (0) 9 225 08 45
- Flanders Expo
- Flanders Expo is one of the largest exhibition spaces in Belgium, with eight 'football pitches' of space across its 8 halls, all fully-equiped for events, conferences & meets.
- Maaltekouter 1
- 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem
- +32 (0) 9 241 92 11
- Horse and Carriage
- Be treated like royalty, and step into a carriage, pulled a beautiful horse, at Saint Bavo's Square. From here you will be driven around the best sights of the historical city of Ghent.
- +32 (0) 475 82 16 20
- De Blaarmeersen
- This sport & recreation park has a huge lake, offering the widest possible range of sports and leisure opportunities - and a great playground for kids, on a sunny day.
- Zuiderlaan 5
- +32 (0) 9 266 81 70
- De Vooruit is old-time concert hall in Ghent's centre, holding all sorts of performances every week. It's cross-cultural too – directly in front is an art center of the same name.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Tinnenpot Theater
- The tiny but much-loved Tinnenpot Theater undertakes its own productions, as well as guest ones, & also has a place for other arts like music, dance, film and video.
- Tinnenpotstraat 21
- +32 (0) 9 225 18 60
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
India Pale Ale, or IPA, is an out-and-out success story on an international scale. That we know this beer style at all, is thanks to the Brits. When they created this beer, they ad... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.