- Quetzal Chocolate Bar
- Here you'll find all things chocolate: fresh-made chocolate brownies, chocolate milkshakes, chocolate ice-cream and even chocolate fondue. Open all days of the week!
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 99
- +32 (0) 9 224 15 27
- Brasserie Agrea
- This small cozy brasserie has a dramatic view onto the fountains of the Sint-Baafsplein. It also has an unique, secluded terrace, letting you enjoy peace & quiet with your food & drink.
- Sint-Baafsplein 42
- +32 (0) 9 233 85 00
- Barista Coffee&Cake
- Go to Barista for a great cup of coffee, or tea, with fabulously thick slices of cake. They also sell organic & artisan breads, and have beautiful artwork begging to be appreciated.
- Hippoliet Lippensplein 25
- or Meerseniersstraat 16
- +32 (0) 488 46 98 30
- Uit Steppe & Oase
- A somewhat hidden tea-house with a beautiful green courtyard, right in the city center. Ideal place to stop, relax & enjoy refreshing teas with one of their delicious cakes or pies.
- Jan Breydelstraat 21
- +32 (0)9 224 07 36
- Julie's House
- If you've got taste for the sweet stuff, head to Julie's House: they serve homemade cupcakes, tarts and other delicious pastries. Open from Wednesday till Sunday.
- Kraanlei 13
- +32 (0) 9 233 33 90
- For frozen yogurt, or delicious ice-cream, made only from the healthiest ingredients, head to Moochie. Total quality is guaranteed, as is an endless range of toppings.
- Klein Turkije 14
- +32 (0) 468 27 04 13
- Gwenola Pannenkoekenhuis
- Gwenola is a friendly, family-owned pancake house with a real feel-good atmosphere. You'll find a large range of distinctive sweet & savoury pancakes.
- Voldersstraat 66
- +32 (0) 9 223 17 39
- Koffie 3,14 Thee
- At this stylish coffee house you can enjoy fresh cappuccino or espresso with a slice of cake. Clean & modern on the inside, you also get beautiful views onto the square.
- Groentenmarkt 2
- +32 (0) 9 3299645
- Leonidas Chocolates & Cafe
- A chocolate shop that's also a café, chocolates are one among many delicious confections. But no visit is complete without one of their amazing cups of hot chocolate.
- Emile Braunplein 13
- +32 (0) 9 372 71 84
- De Ijs-ster
- De Ijs-ster is a family business with 25 years of quality, craftsmanship and tradition. They serve home-made ice-cream, sorbets, ice-cream cakes and desserts.
- Rijsenbergstraat 8
- +32 (0) 9 233 44 66
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
The Saint-Martin abbey beers are heirs to the former Abbey of Saint-Martin in Doornik (Tournai), one of the oldest cities in Belgium. The abbey was founded many centuries ago and c... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.