- De Ijs-ster
- De Ijs-ster is a family business with 25 years of quality, craftsmanship and tradition. They serve home-made ice-cream, sorbets, ice-cream cakes and desserts.
- Rijsenbergstraat 8
- +32 (0) 9 233 44 66
- Barista Coffee&Cake
- Go to Barista for a great cup of coffee, or tea, with fabulously thick slices of cake. They also sell organic & artisan breads, and have beautiful artwork begging to be appreciated.
- Hippoliet Lippensplein 25
- or Meerseniersstraat 16
- +32 (0) 488 46 98 30
- For frozen yogurt, or delicious ice-cream, made only from the healthiest ingredients, head to Moochie. Total quality is guaranteed, as is an endless range of toppings.
- Klein Turkije 14
- +32 (0) 468 27 04 13
- Leonidas Chocolates & Cafe
- A chocolate shop that's also a café, chocolates are one among many delicious confections. But no visit is complete without one of their amazing cups of hot chocolate.
- Emile Braunplein 13
- +32 (0) 9 372 71 84
- Uit Steppe & Oase
- A somewhat hidden tea-house with a beautiful green courtyard, right in the city center. Ideal place to stop, relax & enjoy refreshing teas with one of their delicious cakes or pies.
- Jan Breydelstraat 21
- +32 (0)9 224 07 36
- Gwenola Pannenkoekenhuis
- Gwenola is a friendly, family-owned pancake house with a real feel-good atmosphere. You'll find a large range of distinctive sweet & savoury pancakes.
- Voldersstraat 66
- +32 (0) 9 223 17 39
- Julie's House
- If you've got taste for the sweet stuff, head to Julie's House: they serve homemade cupcakes, tarts and other delicious pastries. Open from Wednesday till Sunday.
- Kraanlei 13
- +32 (0) 9 233 33 90
- Brasserie Agrea
- This small cozy brasserie has a dramatic view onto the fountains of the Sint-Baafsplein. It also has an unique, secluded terrace, letting you enjoy peace & quiet with your food & drink.
- Sint-Baafsplein 42
- +32 (0) 9 233 85 00
- Quetzal Chocolate Bar
- Here you'll find all things chocolate: fresh-made chocolate brownies, chocolate milkshakes, chocolate ice-cream and even chocolate fondue. Open all days of the week!
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 99
- +32 (0) 9 224 15 27
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
Abbaye des Rocs was the first beer from the Hainaut brewery of the same name. And when Jean-Pierre Eloir started brewing there in 1979 he was making Belgian beer history at the fir... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.