- Zwembad Van Eyck
- This urban swimming pool is the oldest indoor public pool in Flanders. It's a good size too, at 30m by 13m pool, with 5 swimming lanes. Also has a private cafeteria.
- Veermanplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 235 27 40
- Huis van de Sport
- This is the main sports department of both the province and the city, home to Flemish sports federations for petanque, rowing, gymnastics and snooker.
- Zuiderlaan 13
- +32 (0) 9 243 11 00
- Koninklijke Roeivereniging Club
- The Royal Rowing Club of Ghent has been around since 1871, making it the oldest rowing club in the city. The club has its own clubhouse and cafeteria.
- Yachtdreef 2
- +32 (0) 9 245 06 24
- Basic Fit
- Any athlete will feel right at home at Basic-Fit. The club is well set-out, with modern cardio- and power-training equipment from Technogym.
- Dendermondsesteenweg 23
- +32 (0) 9 377 96 10
- Overpoort Bowl
- As well as bowling lanes Overpoort Bowl offers you the chance to play pool on one of their 8 pool tables. And you can also watch the big matches on their big screens.
- Overpoortstraat 38
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 18
- De Blaarmeersen
- This sport & recreation park has a huge lake, offering the widest possible range of sports and leisure opportunities - and a great playground for kids, on a sunny day.
- Zuiderlaan 5
- +32 (0) 9 266 81 70
- BLOSO Centrum
- The city's main indoor athletic & sports centre, it is equipped with a cycling arena, skating rink & football pitches, as well as squash and badminton courts.
- Zuiderlaan 14
- +32 (0) 9 244 72 22
- Health City
- All the fitness equipment you could possibly need is on-hand at HealthCity, where you can take part in group activities, or just relax in a sauna, steam bath or sunbed.
- Zuiderlaan 4
- +32 (0) 9 243 75 30
- Bleau klimzaal
- A club for enthusiastic & passionate climbers, the design of Klimzaal Bleau was inspired by the mythical boulder field of Fontainebleau, south of Paris.
- Rooigemlaan 180b
- +32 (0) 9 237 09 59
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
Kasteel Hoppy is a recent addition to the Castle Brewery Van Honsebrouck Kasteel range. It was launched in 2013 in response to the trend for more hopped beers. This is a high ferme... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.