Festivals and Events
- Every September, OdeGrand arrives, letting you enjoy great music & impressive acts, along the canals of Ghent. You can even go from one concert to the next by boat.
- City Center
- Licht Festival
- The Light Festival is a dazzling light show in the city centre, in which historical buildings are transformed into palaces of light. Usually held the last weekend in January.
- City Center
- Winter Festivities
- In December, Ghent city centre is turned into a winter wonderland, with an ice-skating rink, a Christmas market and a giant Ferris wheel in front of the cathedral.
- Korenmarkt, Sint-Baafsplein,
- City Pavilion
- Film Festival Ghent
- October is movie-time in Ghent, with this festival showing more than 100 feature-films & 30 short-films from around the globe - attracting an audience of over 130,000.
- Leeuwstraat 40b
- +32 (0) 9 221 90 74
- Gentse Feesten
- This is a 10-day celebration that takes over the entire of Ghent. Often compared to Munich's Oktoberfest & Valencia's Las Fallas as 1 of the largest in Europe.
- City center
- Polé Polé Festivals
- This festival takes place during the Ghent Festival's '10-Days Off' in July. World music, vibrant performances and a whole lot of dance thrown are into the mix.
- Lammerstraat 19
- +32 (0) 9 356 67 10
- Jazz Festival
- The Gent Jazz Festival is an 8-day long festival, which takes place every July at the Bijlokesite, attracting 40,000 swinging cats & jazz-cognoscenti.
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
OMER. Traditional Blond has a particularly interesting history, wrapped up as it is with the history of the family behind the brewery. It was in 1892 that Omer Vander Ghinste start... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.