Festivals and Events
- Every September, OdeGrand arrives, letting you enjoy great music & impressive acts, along the canals of Ghent. You can even go from one concert to the next by boat.
- City Center
- Gentse Feesten
- This is a 10-day celebration that takes over the entire of Ghent. Often compared to Munich's Oktoberfest & Valencia's Las Fallas as 1 of the largest in Europe.
- City center
- Jazz Festival
- The Gent Jazz Festival is an 8-day long festival, which takes place every July at the Bijlokesite, attracting 40,000 swinging cats & jazz-cognoscenti.
- Polé Polé Festivals
- This festival takes place during the Ghent Festival's '10-Days Off' in July. World music, vibrant performances and a whole lot of dance thrown are into the mix.
- Lammerstraat 19
- +32 (0) 9 356 67 10
- Winter Festivities
- In December, Ghent city centre is turned into a winter wonderland, with an ice-skating rink, a Christmas market and a giant Ferris wheel in front of the cathedral.
- Korenmarkt, Sint-Baafsplein,
- City Pavilion
- Film Festival Ghent
- October is movie-time in Ghent, with this festival showing more than 100 feature-films & 30 short-films from around the globe - attracting an audience of over 130,000.
- Leeuwstraat 40b
- +32 (0) 9 221 90 74
- Licht Festival
- The Light Festival is a dazzling light show in the city centre, in which historical buildings are transformed into palaces of light. Usually held the last weekend in January.
- City Center
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
Timmermans Oude Gueuze belongs to a select elite of Belgian beers. The label 'Oude Gueuze' is protected as an ‘appellation contrôlée’, by the European Union. As a style, Oude Gueuz... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.