- 't Dreupelkot
- 't Dreupelkot is a small atmospheric jenever-bar located in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. Of their 200 varieties of shnapps, 50 are homemade.
- Groentenmarkt 12
- +32 (0) 9 224 21 20
- Café Den Turk
- The oldest, traditional brown-café in Ghent, well-known for pulling the best pints in town. You'll also get lively hits of jazz and blues to complement their fine shots of spirits.
- Botermarkt 3
- +32 (0) 9 233 01 97
- Jan van Gent
- A cozy brown cafe with a ton of ambiance – and a pool table to boot. Its summer terrace seats 50 - 60 people, but it's best-known for organising bizarre events.
- Annonciadenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 256 02 03
- Waterhuis aan de Bierkant
- Very popular among local beer-lovers and tourists alike, this brown pub serves 160 beers, including 3 house beers: Gandavum, Klokke Roeland and Mammelokker.
- Groentenmarkt 9
- +32 (0) 9 225 06 80
- De Dulle Griet
- De Dulle Griet is a time-worn old-school pub, with a wonderful medieval interior. The selection of beers is impressive too, at more than 250 brews, both local & international.
- Vrijdagmarkt 50
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 55
- Speakers Corner
- Speakers Corner is a stylish café with an Irish-themed décor & (naturally) a wide selection of exclusive whiskeys. Also serves traditional Belgian beers & classic drinks.
- Hofbouwlaan 1
- +32 (0) 487 20 07 38
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Het Trappistenhuis
- Het Trappistenhuis is a brown beer pub run by an expert in all things Belgian and beer, serving over a 170 speciality beers, from Monday to Saturday.
- Brabantdam 164
- +32 (0) 9 22 42 937
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
Saison Dupont is the ultimate reference beer for saisons from Hainaut. Thirty years ago, this farm beer from the western region appeared to be on the way out as sales and popularit... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.