- Waterhuis aan de Bierkant
- Very popular among local beer-lovers and tourists alike, this brown pub serves 160 beers, including 3 house beers: Gandavum, Klokke Roeland and Mammelokker.
- Groentenmarkt 9
- +32 (0) 9 225 06 80
- Jan van Gent
- A cozy brown cafe with a ton of ambiance – and a pool table to boot. Its summer terrace seats 50 - 60 people, but it's best-known for organising bizarre events.
- Annonciadenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 256 02 03
- 't Dreupelkot
- 't Dreupelkot is a small atmospheric jenever-bar located in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. Of their 200 varieties of shnapps, 50 are homemade.
- Groentenmarkt 12
- +32 (0) 9 224 21 20
- De Dulle Griet
- De Dulle Griet is a time-worn old-school pub, with a wonderful medieval interior. The selection of beers is impressive too, at more than 250 brews, both local & international.
- Vrijdagmarkt 50
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 55
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Speakers Corner
- Speakers Corner is a stylish café with an Irish-themed décor & (naturally) a wide selection of exclusive whiskeys. Also serves traditional Belgian beers & classic drinks.
- Hofbouwlaan 1
- +32 (0) 487 20 07 38
- Het Trappistenhuis
- Het Trappistenhuis is a brown beer pub run by an expert in all things Belgian and beer, serving over a 170 speciality beers, from Monday to Saturday.
- Brabantdam 164
- +32 (0) 9 22 42 937
- Café Den Turk
- The oldest, traditional brown-café in Ghent, well-known for pulling the best pints in town. You'll also get lively hits of jazz and blues to complement their fine shots of spirits.
- Botermarkt 3
- +32 (0) 9 233 01 97
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
VLEZENBEEK/DILBEEK - It is often said that lambics are only for those with an experienced palate. At Brouwerij Lindemans, one of Belgium’s favourite brewers of this traditional style, they beg to differ. ... [ more ]
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
Piraat beer was developed and launched in 1982 by Brouwerij Van Steenberghe in Ertvelde, situated near the city of Ghent. This strong amber beer was actually created at the request... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.