- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Het Trappistenhuis
- Het Trappistenhuis is a brown beer pub run by an expert in all things Belgian and beer, serving over a 170 speciality beers, from Monday to Saturday.
- Brabantdam 164
- +32 (0) 9 22 42 937
- Café Den Turk
- The oldest, traditional brown-café in Ghent, well-known for pulling the best pints in town. You'll also get lively hits of jazz and blues to complement their fine shots of spirits.
- Botermarkt 3
- +32 (0) 9 233 01 97
- 't Dreupelkot
- 't Dreupelkot is a small atmospheric jenever-bar located in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. Of their 200 varieties of shnapps, 50 are homemade.
- Groentenmarkt 12
- +32 (0) 9 224 21 20
- De Dulle Griet
- De Dulle Griet is a time-worn old-school pub, with a wonderful medieval interior. The selection of beers is impressive too, at more than 250 brews, both local & international.
- Vrijdagmarkt 50
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 55
- Speakers Corner
- Speakers Corner is a stylish café with an Irish-themed décor & (naturally) a wide selection of exclusive whiskeys. Also serves traditional Belgian beers & classic drinks.
- Hofbouwlaan 1
- +32 (0) 487 20 07 38
- Waterhuis aan de Bierkant
- Very popular among local beer-lovers and tourists alike, this brown pub serves 160 beers, including 3 house beers: Gandavum, Klokke Roeland and Mammelokker.
- Groentenmarkt 9
- +32 (0) 9 225 06 80
- Jan van Gent
- A cozy brown cafe with a ton of ambiance – and a pool table to boot. Its summer terrace seats 50 - 60 people, but it's best-known for organising bizarre events.
- Annonciadenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 256 02 03
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
In 2016 the abbey of Val-Dieu, not far from the city of Liège, celebrated its 800th anniversary - 800 years young and still going strong. Among the celebrations was the launch of t... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.