- 't Dreupelkot
- 't Dreupelkot is a small atmospheric jenever-bar located in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. Of their 200 varieties of shnapps, 50 are homemade.
- Groentenmarkt 12
- +32 (0) 9 224 21 20
- Speakers Corner
- Speakers Corner is a stylish café with an Irish-themed décor & (naturally) a wide selection of exclusive whiskeys. Also serves traditional Belgian beers & classic drinks.
- Hofbouwlaan 1
- +32 (0) 487 20 07 38
- Vooruit Café
- A great cultural talking shop, Vooruit Café also has an impressive art-deco interior, and serves up some great food: mainly organic, fair trade products and veggie dishes.
- Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23
- +32 (0) 9 267 28 28
- Het Trappistenhuis
- Het Trappistenhuis is a brown beer pub run by an expert in all things Belgian and beer, serving over a 170 speciality beers, from Monday to Saturday.
- Brabantdam 164
- +32 (0) 9 22 42 937
- Jan van Gent
- A cozy brown cafe with a ton of ambiance – and a pool table to boot. Its summer terrace seats 50 - 60 people, but it's best-known for organising bizarre events.
- Annonciadenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 9 256 02 03
- Café Den Turk
- The oldest, traditional brown-café in Ghent, well-known for pulling the best pints in town. You'll also get lively hits of jazz and blues to complement their fine shots of spirits.
- Botermarkt 3
- +32 (0) 9 233 01 97
- Waterhuis aan de Bierkant
- Very popular among local beer-lovers and tourists alike, this brown pub serves 160 beers, including 3 house beers: Gandavum, Klokke Roeland and Mammelokker.
- Groentenmarkt 9
- +32 (0) 9 225 06 80
- De Dulle Griet
- De Dulle Griet is a time-worn old-school pub, with a wonderful medieval interior. The selection of beers is impressive too, at more than 250 brews, both local & international.
- Vrijdagmarkt 50
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 55
BRUSSELS/MONS - We’ve made our way down to the historic city of Mons (Bergen) for the eighth edition of the international Brussels Beer Challenge. A 90-strong jury is busy tasting; there are four morning sessions in a ro... [ more ]
BRUGES - This city draws you back in time to the heydays of the Burgundian era. After years of renovation works the Gruuthusemuseum has re-opened its doors. This former city palace is the showca... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
To mark the 75 year anniversary of the Bush beer brand, Dubuisson introduced the Bush Blonde Triple (Scaldis Triple) in 2008. This re-fermented Bush Blonde is available in large bo... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.