Things to Do
- Brouwerij Timmermans
- Learn how traditional spontaneously fermented lambic is brewed at the oldest lambic brewery in the world (1702) near Brussels. Explore the brewery museum and savour the lambic, oude gueuze and kriek.
- Kerkstraat 11
- Itterbeek (Dilbeek)
- +32 (0) 2 / 569 03 57
- MORE INFORMATION
- The Brussels Marathon
- Every year, usually in October, the city's traffic comes to a halt, as the full marathon (and several other less demanding routes) takes to the streets. Time limit is 5 hours!
- City Centre
- Christmas Market
- In December, the city centre becomes a beautiful Christmas market complete with wooden chalets, where you can buy all sorts of gastronomic specialities & fun gifts.
- City Centre
- Want to pick out the Big Dipper, North Star or Orion? Distinguish the stars & planets? Know where Venus or the comets actually come from? The Planetarium will reveal all..
- Boechoutlaan 10
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 474 70 60
- Plenty of fish, but also amphibians & invertebrates, to be seen in 48 specially-constructed tanks of this public aquarium. An extraordinary journey through aquatic world, over five continents.
- Emile Bossaertlaan 27
- 1081 Koekelberg
- +32 (0) 2 414 02 09
- Viage offers a vast array of casino entertainment, with 375 slot machines, 34 gaming tables & a poker room, spread over 4 floors. It even has its own theatre, bars & restaurant.
- 30 Anspachlaan
- +32 (0) 2 300 01 00
- From mid-July to mid-August you can enjoy this big fair, all along the ring road on the Boulevard du Midi, near the train station. Has nearly 130 attractions for young & old.
- Boulevard du Midi
- Horse and carriage
- A horse-drawn trip is the best (and least tiring!) way to discover the beautiful Grand Place & its surrounds. Coaches leave from Charles Bulsstraat & last half an hour.
- Charles Bulsstraat
- De Betovering
- Called 'The Enchantment', this medieval adventure game for kids lies in the beautiful countryside surrounding Brussel. Chose your team & get immersed in a fantastic & mystical universe.
- Trassersweg 347
- 1120 Neder-Over-Heembeek
- +32 (0) 2 370 61 10
- This fun waterpark is the ultimate place to take the kids! There are sensational slides, hot tubs, saunas, solariums, wave pools, rafts and much more. Open all year round!
- Voetballaan 3
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 478 49 44
- Mini-Europa is a miniature park at Het Heizelpark in Brussels, where visitors can walk around tiny-scaled versions of the most important buildings and monuments in Europe.
- Bruparck B
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 474 13 11
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
It was in 1966 that Brother Théodore created the ‘capsule blanche’, now better known under the name of Chimay Triple. In contrast to the dark Chimay Rouge and Chimay Bleue, the ‘wh... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.