Things to Do
- Brouwerij Timmermans
- Learn how traditional spontaneously fermented lambic is brewed at the oldest lambic brewery in the world (1702) near Brussels. Explore the brewery museum and savour the lambic, oude gueuze and kriek.
- Kerkstraat 11
- Itterbeek (Dilbeek)
- +32 (0) 2 / 569 03 57
- MORE INFORMATION
- Christmas Market
- In December, the city centre becomes a beautiful Christmas market complete with wooden chalets, where you can buy all sorts of gastronomic specialities & fun gifts.
- City Centre
- Want to pick out the Big Dipper, North Star or Orion? Distinguish the stars & planets? Know where Venus or the comets actually come from? The Planetarium will reveal all..
- Boechoutlaan 10
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 474 70 60
- From mid-July to mid-August you can enjoy this big fair, all along the ring road on the Boulevard du Midi, near the train station. Has nearly 130 attractions for young & old.
- Boulevard du Midi
- De Betovering
- Called 'The Enchantment', this medieval adventure game for kids lies in the beautiful countryside surrounding Brussel. Chose your team & get immersed in a fantastic & mystical universe.
- Trassersweg 347
- 1120 Neder-Over-Heembeek
- +32 (0) 2 370 61 10
- Mini-Europa is a miniature park at Het Heizelpark in Brussels, where visitors can walk around tiny-scaled versions of the most important buildings and monuments in Europe.
- Bruparck B
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 474 13 11
- This fun waterpark is the ultimate place to take the kids! There are sensational slides, hot tubs, saunas, solariums, wave pools, rafts and much more. Open all year round!
- Voetballaan 3
- 1020 Laken
- +32 (0) 2 478 49 44
- Plenty of fish, but also amphibians & invertebrates, to be seen in 48 specially-constructed tanks of this public aquarium. An extraordinary journey through aquatic world, over five continents.
- Emile Bossaertlaan 27
- 1081 Koekelberg
- +32 (0) 2 414 02 09
- The Brussels Marathon
- Every year, usually in October, the city's traffic comes to a halt, as the full marathon (and several other less demanding routes) takes to the streets. Time limit is 5 hours!
- City Centre
- Horse and carriage
- A horse-drawn trip is the best (and least tiring!) way to discover the beautiful Grand Place & its surrounds. Coaches leave from Charles Bulsstraat & last half an hour.
- Charles Bulsstraat
- Viage offers a vast array of casino entertainment, with 375 slot machines, 34 gaming tables & a poker room, spread over 4 floors. It even has its own theatre, bars & restaurant.
- 30 Anspachlaan
- +32 (0) 2 300 01 00
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
To celebrate Christmas 1948, the monks of Chimay decided to produce a Spéciale Noël. But from the time their new brewing hall opened (in 1954) you could say every day has been Chr... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.