Things to Do
- Brouwerij Bourgogne des Flandres
- Bourgogne des Flandres is an historic beer; brewed in a new microbrewery in the heart of Bruges. ‘The genuine taste of Bruges’ can be experienced with a visit to the brewery, which has a museum, café and restaurant.
- Kartuizerinnenstraat 6
- +32 (0) 50 33 54 26
- MORE INFORMATION
- Bruges Beer Experience
- The Bruges Beer Experience is a must-see for every beer lover visiting medieval Bruges. Discover Belgian beer culture at it's best in this interactive museum. Shop and bar are accessible without visiting the museum.
- Breidelstraat 3
- +32 50 69 92 29
- Bruges by Boat
- No visit to Bruges is complete without taking to the canals, to get a fresh angle on all that fantastic architecture. Hire a boat at one of five quays along its waterways.
- Dig into Bruges' past at the Archaeology Museum. This small museum encourages you to get all interactive with ancient artefacts, making it fun for kids of any age.
- Mariastraat 36a
- +32 (0) 50 44 87 11
- Bruges annual spring-time fair, dating back to 1200, is held after Easter with a month of festivities involving costumed parades, fun fairs and fireworks.
- City center of Bruges
- Ice Palace
- Bruges coolest festival, held each winter. The ice-palace is filled with up to 40 exquisite frozen sculptures. A fantastical experience with ice slides, and even an ice bar.
- Railway Station Square
- +32 (0) 50 20 04 65
- Discover the delectable tale of the cacao bean, Aztec drinking chocolate – and just why Belgians make chocolate so darned well – at Choco-story, the chocolate museum.
- The Chocolate Museum
- Sint-Jansplein 2
- +32 (0) 50 61 22 37
- Moment City Tour
- Tour Bruges on two wheels with a difference – by hiring one of the company's Segways to whizz around town. Guided tours are offered, as are special events.
- Sint-Jakobsstraat 44
- +32 (0) 495 90 60 60
- Boudewijn Seapark
- Dolphins & sea lions are the star attractions here, putting on a spectacular aquatic show, which can be seen above or below the water, thanks to its glass-fronted pool.
- Alfons de Baeckestraat 12
- 8200 Sint Michiels
- +32 (0) 50 38 38 38
- Brouwerij De Halve Maan
- De Halve Maan is a family run brewery located in the heart of the historic and picturesque city of Bruges. Visit the brewery, take a tour around their museum or drop into the restaurant, café or shop.
- Walplein 26
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
This abbey beer has roots deep in local history. Its origins go all the way back to the Treaty of Verdun, concluded in 843. This landmark agreement made the river Scheldt the desig... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.