Things to Do
- An aquarium of oceanic proportions, with over 10,000 species of fish and reptiles, split between themed zones, including Sharks, Reefs, Wetlands, Mysteries of the Ocean and Laboratory.
- Koningin Astridplein 7
- +32 (0) 3 205 07 50
- Antwerp Zoo
- Situated right next to the magnificent Antwerpen-Centraal railway station, Antwerp Zoo first opened in 1843 – making it the oldest zoo in Belgium.
- Koningin Astridplein 26
- +32 (0) 3 202 4540
- De Badboot
- The Badboot is the world’s largest floating open-air swimming pool and restaurant. The whole platform can hold up to 600 people, with the pool able take 120 swimmers.
- +32 (0) 3 613 21 68
- Park Spoor Noord
- Once an old railway plot in the city, Park Spoor Noord has been transformed into a green place for recreation, culture, sports, relaxing and fun – and without a doubt, a great playground for the kids!
- Damplein 27
- +32 (0) 486 95 58 44
- Vlaamse Opera
- This impressive building, lavishly decorated, is home to Antwerp's premier opera company. Recently refurbished, its stately staircase has led to 'a night at the opera' for more than 100 years.
- Frankrijklei 3
- +32 (0) 70 22 02 02
- Cartoon's Cinema
- Cartoon's Cinema has always been a classic feature in the Antwerp cinema landscape, playing the movies that you just won't find at your mainstream multiplex.
- Kaasstraat 4,
- +32 (0) 3 232 96 32
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
GENVAL - It’s 1909 when John Martin, a Brit, makes his home in Antwerp, earning his living by provisioning sailing vessels. Before long John’s deliveries are heading onto the ships of the Red Star Line, ... [ more ]
NAMUR - At the 6th edition of the Brussels Beer Challenge, hosted this year by the city of Namur, Belgium once again lived up to its cast-iron reputation as one of the most important beer countries in the world. ... [ more ]
STEENHUFFEL - The annual hop harvest at Palm Belgian Craft Brewers is truly a festival of and for the people. We survey the busy crowds on the last Sunday in August in the hop field in the shadow of the ... [ more ]
Piraat beer was developed and launched in 1982 by Brouwerij Van Steenberghe in Ertvelde, situated near the city of Ghent. This strong amber beer was actually created at the request... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.