- The Middelheim Museum
- The Middelheim Museum is an open-air sculpture museum, situated in a fantastic 25-hectares park. Over 200 modern and contemporary sculptures are to be found in these beautiful surroundings.
- Middelheimlaan 61
- +32 (0) 3 288 33 60
- St. Jacobskerk
- This church was built between 1491 and 1656 and dedicated to the apostle Saint Jacob the Great. The southern and western portals show Renaissance influence and decorations.
- Lange Nieuwstraat 73
- De Plantentuin (also known as 'Den Botanieken Hof') is a landscaped botanical garden, dating back to 1825. It lies within Antwerp's city centre, and covers an area of almost 1 hectare.
- Leopoldstraat 24
- +32 (0) 3 232 40 87
- Once the tallest tower in Western Europe, when constructed in 1932 (at nearly 88 metres high) the de Boerentoren (or KBC-Tower) remains a stylish feature of Antwerp's landscape.
- Eiermarkt 20
- Silvius Brabo
- Silvius Brabo is the Roman soldier who legend says killed an evil giant – a myth commemorated to this day by the statue of him, which stands in front of Antwerp City Hall.
- Grote Markt
- Main Market Square
- Antwerp's glorious central square is a jewel of 16th-century architecture. The houses of the Guilds are richly decorated with golden statues, while the magnificent Town Hall dates back to 1564.
- Grote Markt
- Het Steen
- This brooding medieval fortress in the old town is Antwerp's oldest building. At the entrance bridge is a statue of the giant, Lange Wapper, who once terrorised the city – according to legend.
- Steenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 3 202 83 80
- City Park
- An ideal place for strolling, jogging or letting the children 'run riot' on the new playgrounds. And if you're feeling adventurous, try out the recently-built skate-park.
- Rubenslei, Van Eycklei,
- Quinten Matsijslei
LIESHOUT/STEENHUFFEL - Since 2016 the Palm, De Hoorn and Rodenbach breweries have been owned by Bavaria, a Dutch-based brewer. Two years after the takeover, Bavaria has been re-named Swinkels Family ... [ more ]
BRUSSELS - To be authentic is not a competition and neither is it a fashionable attitude. You either are an authentic brewer or you are not. You are driven, you make great beers that have a soul, you have a good story to... [ more ]
LEUVEN - 12,500 fans made their way to Leuven for what was already the 15th edition of the Zythos beer festival. Many fans travelled a long way to get to Belgium. They flocked here from many European ... [ more ]
MARCHE-EN-FAMENNE - “Their cuisine is on a par with that of the French and the portions are generous...” When people discuss the Belgian art of living, it won’t be long before the term ‘Burgundian’ ... [ more ]
BRUGES - Eleven years ago it all started off on quite a modest scale in the medieval town hall of Bruges, under the imposing gaze of the Belfry. Now, in 2018, the Bruges Beer Festival has spread its wings and encompasses... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.