- De Plantentuin (also known as 'Den Botanieken Hof') is a landscaped botanical garden, dating back to 1825. It lies within Antwerp's city centre, and covers an area of almost 1 hectare.
- Leopoldstraat 24
- +32 (0) 3 232 40 87
- Het Steen
- This brooding medieval fortress in the old town is Antwerp's oldest building. At the entrance bridge is a statue of the giant, Lange Wapper, who once terrorised the city – according to legend.
- Steenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 3 202 83 80
- Once the tallest tower in Western Europe, when constructed in 1932 (at nearly 88 metres high) the de Boerentoren (or KBC-Tower) remains a stylish feature of Antwerp's landscape.
- Eiermarkt 20
- St. Jacobskerk
- This church was built between 1491 and 1656 and dedicated to the apostle Saint Jacob the Great. The southern and western portals show Renaissance influence and decorations.
- Lange Nieuwstraat 73
- Main Market Square
- Antwerp's glorious central square is a jewel of 16th-century architecture. The houses of the Guilds are richly decorated with golden statues, while the magnificent Town Hall dates back to 1564.
- Grote Markt
- The Middelheim Museum
- The Middelheim Museum is an open-air sculpture museum, situated in a fantastic 25-hectares park. Over 200 modern and contemporary sculptures are to be found in these beautiful surroundings.
- Middelheimlaan 61
- +32 (0) 3 288 33 60
- City Park
- An ideal place for strolling, jogging or letting the children 'run riot' on the new playgrounds. And if you're feeling adventurous, try out the recently-built skate-park.
- Rubenslei, Van Eycklei,
- Quinten Matsijslei
- Silvius Brabo
- Silvius Brabo is the Roman soldier who legend says killed an evil giant – a myth commemorated to this day by the statue of him, which stands in front of Antwerp City Hall.
- Grote Markt
ANTWERP - Brewers from 59 different countries flocked to attend the Brewers of Europe Forum 2019 in the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Hall, right next to the renowned Antwerp Central Station building. ... [ more ]
ERTVELDE - To track down a brewer within his own domain is a high-ranking form of sports, or that’s the impression I get. After a bit of practice I spot Jef Versele, CEO of the Van Steenberge brewery, well hidden amongst... [ more ]
MECHELEN - The historic city of Mechelen, halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, is truly a hidden gem. The presence of the Dukes of Burgundy, who ruled here in the late middle ages, still permeates the ancient city centr... [ more ]
BRUSSELS/ZAVENTEM - This year Brussels Airport is 60 years young! The airport is planning to mark this milestone by showcasing the very best of Belgian produce, which would not be complete without ... [ more ]
At the BeerLovers’ Café just behind Liège’s City Hall we get together to taste the limited edition Chimay Grande Réserve Fermentée en Barriques 2018, a Trappist beer aged in whisky barrels. T... [ more ]
It was in 1966 that Brother Théodore created the ‘capsule blanche’, now better known under the name of Chimay Triple. In contrast to the dark Chimay Rouge and Chimay Bleue, the ‘wh... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.