Where to Eat
- Marktcafe Les Halles
- From early evening till late at night, stop off at Marktcafe Les Halles on the market square. As well as drinks they serve original good-quality food.
- Grote Markt 35
- De Wijngaard
- De Wijngaard is a family restaurant business well-known for its great steaks. It's been successfully sizzling them since 1974, and is still run by the same friendly owners.
- Fochlaan 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 42 30
- Restaurant Découvert calls an old mansion its home, made-over with a simple-yet-classy decor. According to their many great reviews, they serve up some classy dishes, too.
- Rijselsestraat 43
- +32 (0) 57 48 92 48
- The Old Tom
- The Old Tom serves the specialities of Ypres for a reasonable price. Located at the market square, from its terrace you have a fine view onto St.-Martins Cathedral.
- Grote Markt 8
- +32 (0) 57 20 15 41
- 't Klein Stadhuis
- 't Klein Stadhuis, or The Little Town Hall, is exactly that. This restaurant on the market dates back to 1342, and used to be the home for the Town Hall's caretaker. Specialises in dishes with Belgian beer.
- Grote Markt 32
- +32 (0) 57 21 55 42
- De Ruyffelaer
- At De Ruyffelaer you can have a traditional meal, just the way grandma would cook it (if she were Belgian). And in this rustic corner you're always served with a smile.
- Gustave De Stuersstraat 9-11
- +32 (0) 57 36 60 06
- In the elegant interior of the Capella you can enjoy culinary Belgian creations courtesy of the chef, served to you by his friendly wife. Closed on Mondays.
- Kiekenmarkt 7
- + (0) 57 36 61 32
- Trattoria Alloro
- At Trattoria Alloro, the owners will serve you Italian food made with real passion – so it's the place to go for a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
- Patersstraat 2
- +32 (0) 57 36 53 75
- In de Rustplaats
- At In de Rustplaats you can enjoy an exquisite fish-dish, or a côte a l'os, assured of a quick and friendly service. Restaurant open on Friday to Monday.
- Veurnseweg 16
- +32 (0) 57 20 81 05
- De Waterpoort
- At De Waterpoort you can enjoy classic Belgian menus alongside typical Greek, French or Italian dishes – all complemented by its bright and stylish interior.
- Brugseweg 43
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 52
- De Steenen Haene
- De Steenen Haene is a fine restaurant set in beautiful surroundings, that's also great to go with kids – thanks to the garden's playground equipment.
- Komenseweg 21
- 8902 Zillebeke
- +32 (0) 57 20 54 86
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
In the 18th century there was a very well-known brewer in the Dendermonde area; his name was Pauwel Kwak. He brewed his own beer, which was dark and heavy. He also has had a coachi... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.