Things to Do
- Brouwerij De Kazematten
- Visit the city brewery in Ieper. Opened in April 2014, Brouwerij De Kazematten brews two different beers, Wipers Times 14 and Grottenbier. Brewery tours cost €6 or €12 euros, reservation is advised.
- Houten Paard 1
- Ieper (Ypres)
- +32 (0) 57 38 80 21
- MORE INFORMATION
- Bellewaerde Park
- Bellewaerde is the oldest theme park in Belgium. Opened in 1954, it has been famed ever since for its beautiful 54 hectares of gardens – and rollercoasters and water rides!
- Meenseweg 497
- +32 (0) 57 46 86 86
- GSF Walk and Bike Rally
- If you're in Ypres in summer, you can join the GSF Walk & Bike Rally, where a guide will playfully take you through offbeat Ypres with questions, riddles & puzzles.
- Grote Markt 34
- +32 (0) 57 23 92 20
- Yorkshire Trench & Dug-out
- This site was discovered in the middle of an industrial estate, and is a small part of original trench and underground dug-out. Now preserved by a group of volunteers.
- 8904 Boezinge
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
TONGEREN - After a fifty-year wait the moment has finally arrived. Once again, the city of Tongeren can boast its own brewery and city beers. The story commences with the 2009 Coronation Celebra... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Why would a butcher open a store at a brewery? The question doesn’t throw Luc De Laet, the man who has done just that at the http://belgium.beertourism.com/blog/de-koninck-antwerp-city-brewery-experien... [ more ]
Whereas the classic Duvel is traditionally brewed with two varieties of hops, the Tripel Hop (as its name indicates) involves the addition of a third variety of aroma hops. The Duv... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.