Where to Eat
- Le Stuart
- You will feel right at home at this welcoming family run restaurant. Le Stuart offers a pure and classic kitchen within a cosy, relaxed and trendy atmosphere. A young team, with a fresh vision will guide you through the selection of dishes, offering beer and wine advice.
- Leopold-ii Laan 34
- +32 (0) 59 70 53 95
- Bistroom De Baron
- Situated in a quiet area of Ostend, Bistrooom De Baron is both Bistro and speciality Belgian-beer café. With its relaxed atmosphere – and 50 plus beers – here you can eat, drink – or do both.
- Dorpsstraat 81
- +32 (0) 59 43 47 03
- Belle de Jour
- Aartshertoginnestraat 5
- +32 (0) 479 36 09 05
- Small, unique and full of character, Kombuis is THE place in Ostend to eat mussels.. just ask any local. Such is the quality of the food on offer, that it's rare the Kombuis isn't busy.
- Van Iseghemlaan 24
- +32 (0) 59 80 16 49
- De Vlasschaard
- De Vlasschaard is an á-la-carte restaurant where Hilde and her team will give you a warm welcome, first class service and of course, delicious beer (we meant food, of course..)
- Oudstrijdersplein 5
- +32 (0) 59 80 38 01
- Tex Mex
- Open every day from 6pm until 1am, Tex Mex is a restaurant offering grilled, Mexican and continental food – not forgetting their great take on burgers. Just watch out for Isabelle!
- Monacoplein 7
- +32 (0) 59 51 17 39
- Good – no, deliciously oustanding – Italian cuisine, all homemade and more importantly, all cooked by an Italian. Seriously, 'whatta morra you wantta!'
- Kadzandstraat 12
- +32 (0) 499 75 94 08
- De Mosselbeurs
- De Mosselbeurs is a top-class restaurant which has a kitchen specialised in mussels, Mediterranean cuisine and seasonal fish dishes. Reservation advised.
- Dwarsstraat 10
- +32 (0) 59 80 73 10
- A B&B that offers modern spacious rooms, with a fine terrace, and which is close to Ostend's main shopping street – and only 500 meters away from the beach. You can also enjoy Free Wi-fi here.
- Christinastraat 80
- +32 (0) 496 30 98 28
- La Galleria
- So small, but oh so charming – and delicious of course. It is said that La Galleria serve the best shrimp croquettes in Ostend, so why not go and try for yourself?
- James Ensorgalerij 30-32
- Brasserie Leffe
- A heated indoor terrace, a lovely outdoor terrace & a prime market square location make Brasserie Leffe a popular lunching spot. Even better, dishes are made with fresh ingredients & served with a Leffe.
- Wapenplein 10
- +32 (0) 59 50 47 82
- Owner Olivier Guion offers classic & classy cuisine at the Petrus, along with an excellent wine list. During the day, the premises become a tea-room, but for the evening restaurant, booking is advised.
- Sint-Petrus-en-Paulusplein 8
- +32 (0) 59 33 48 00
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
Whereas the classic Duvel is traditionally brewed with two varieties of hops, the Tripel Hop (as its name indicates) involves the addition of a third variety of aroma hops. The Duv... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.