Where to Eat
- This modern chic restaurant in the city centre has seen it chef, Bram Verbeken, awarded 'Beer Cook of 2009'. Sure to turn your plate into a wonderful culinary painting.
- Bondgenotenlaan 92
- +32 (0) 16 20 50 05
- 't Zwart Schaap
- Located in the historic heart of town, on the picturesque road between the Grand Place & Muntstraat, 't Zwart Schaap offers a unique & authentic setting, with classic French-Belgian cuisine.
- Boekhandelstraat 1
- +32 (0) 16 23 24 16
- Just the vibrant interior of this Bengal restaurant makes it worth a visit. All is freshly prepared, with no sugar, cream, frozen food or animal fat. Vegetarian dishes also served.
- Tiensestraat 48
- +32 (0) 16 22 98 68
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
- 't Fonduehuisje
- A typical Swiss restaurant with rather special Swiss Fondue specialities. Enjoy fondues with fish, raclette or even chocolate on their covered & heated garden terrace.
- St. Maartenstraat 12c
- Synonymous with Italian cuisine, Ascoli throws in a few French touches here & there. The menu is always changing, with seasonal dishes offered along with an extensive choice of wines.
- Muntstraat 17
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 64
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- Enjoy great music and an intimate atmosphere at the STUKcafé. They also offer great stews – with blue Chimay or Quorn au vin – as well as pastas, soups, sandwiches & chili.
- Naamsestraat 96
- +32 (0) 16 32 03 23
- Faculty Club
- Whether a meeting or a dinner-date, this place won't fail to make a lasting impression. It is situated in a magnificently restored building in Leuven's béguinages.
- Groot Begijnhof 14
- +32 (0) 16 32 95 00
- Ter Eycken
- Stylish marble fireplaces, antique doors & 3 dining rooms make this charming old mansion the perfect space for a romantic dinner – matched perfectly to the historic city of Leuven.
- Eikstraat 10
- +32 (0) 16 23 54 34
- The Mediterranean lifestyle is central to Turquoise, as is a fresh, honest approach to sun-filled cuisine & a creative flair. The menu is extensive & the dishes are surprisingly affordable.
- Naamsevest 6
- +32 (0) 472 86 05 71
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
TONGEREN - After a fifty-year wait the moment has finally arrived. Once again, the city of Tongeren can boast its own brewery and city beers. The story commences with the 2009 Coronation Celebra... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Why would a butcher open a store at a brewery? The question doesn’t throw Luc De Laet, the man who has done just that at the http://belgium.beertourism.com/blog/de-koninck-antwerp-city-brewery-experien... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.