Where to Eat
- The Mediterranean lifestyle is central to Turquoise, as is a fresh, honest approach to sun-filled cuisine & a creative flair. The menu is extensive & the dishes are surprisingly affordable.
- Naamsevest 6
- +32 (0) 472 86 05 71
- 't Fonduehuisje
- A typical Swiss restaurant with rather special Swiss Fondue specialities. Enjoy fondues with fish, raclette or even chocolate on their covered & heated garden terrace.
- St. Maartenstraat 12c
- Just the vibrant interior of this Bengal restaurant makes it worth a visit. All is freshly prepared, with no sugar, cream, frozen food or animal fat. Vegetarian dishes also served.
- Tiensestraat 48
- +32 (0) 16 22 98 68
- This modern chic restaurant in the city centre has seen it chef, Bram Verbeken, awarded 'Beer Cook of 2009'. Sure to turn your plate into a wonderful culinary painting.
- Bondgenotenlaan 92
- +32 (0) 16 20 50 05
- Faculty Club
- Whether a meeting or a dinner-date, this place won't fail to make a lasting impression. It is situated in a magnificently restored building in Leuven's béguinages.
- Groot Begijnhof 14
- +32 (0) 16 32 95 00
- Ter Eycken
- Stylish marble fireplaces, antique doors & 3 dining rooms make this charming old mansion the perfect space for a romantic dinner – matched perfectly to the historic city of Leuven.
- Eikstraat 10
- +32 (0) 16 23 54 34
- Enjoy great music and an intimate atmosphere at the STUKcafé. They also offer great stews – with blue Chimay or Quorn au vin – as well as pastas, soups, sandwiches & chili.
- Naamsestraat 96
- +32 (0) 16 32 03 23
- De Wiering
- De Wiering has an impressive 97 beers varieties lining its shelves. Also serves food, so sit down & enjoy a meal with your drink, in its rustic setting. Open all the week.
- Wieringstraat 2
- +32 (0) 16 29 15 45
- 't Zwart Schaap
- Located in the historic heart of town, on the picturesque road between the Grand Place & Muntstraat, 't Zwart Schaap offers a unique & authentic setting, with classic French-Belgian cuisine.
- Boekhandelstraat 1
- +32 (0) 16 23 24 16
- Synonymous with Italian cuisine, Ascoli throws in a few French touches here & there. The menu is always changing, with seasonal dishes offered along with an extensive choice of wines.
- Muntstraat 17
- +32 (0) 16 23 93 64
- De Blauwe Schuit
- De Blauwe Schuit looks onto Leuven's fish market, offering a selection of 60 beers. You can also order from their great food menu, and enjoy a meal in their courtyard.
- Vismarkt 16
- +32 (0) 16 22 05 70
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
This dark brother to the famous blond La Chouffe first hit the market back in 1987. The Mc Chouffe aims to steer a middle course between a traditional dark Abbey beer, belonging to... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.