- Sint Donatuspark
- This city park, created in the English style, had a design makeover in the 1990's. Here you can see remnants of the original 12th-century city walls of Leuven.
- Charles Deberiotstraat
- Bell Tower
- The beautiful carillon of the Bell Tower, one of the largest in Belgium, has 63 bells weighing 35 tons. You'll also find the central university library here.
- +32 (0) 16 32 40 10
- Groot Begijnhof
- The Grand Beguinage (Begijnhof Ten Hove) is unique: a fully restored historic district of 10 streets & one of the largest beguinages in Flanders, covering 3 hectares.
- Sint-Geertruikerk en Abdij
- This church & abbey are situated in the centre of a small beguinage. The abbey, built between the 14th and 17th-centuries, has recently been restored and furnished as residences.
- The Kruidtuin is the oldest botanical garden in Belgium, dating back to 1738. This unique city-centre garden contains a sunken garden, a fruit garden & a tropical conservatory.
- Kapucijnenvoer 30
- Provinciaal Domein Kessel-Lo
- This recreational park has playgrounds, electric & rowing boats, mini-cars, roller-skating & an outdoor heated paddling pool. Sports enthusiasts can play tennis, football, volleyball & basketball.
- + 32 (0) 16 25 13 92
- Sint Pieterskerk
- St. Peter's Church is a 15th-century Roman Catholic church that replaced the previous Romanesque building. Famed for it low bell tower after work stopped in the 1600's,
- Grote Markt
- +32 (0) 16 29 51 33
- Started in 1439, this City Hall is one of the Belgium's most celebrated, built with a superb Gothic styling throughout its three storeys. Guided tours can be arranged for visitors.
- Grote Markt 9
- +32 (0) 16 28 23 17
- Abdij van 't Park
- Beautiful park founded in 1129 by Duke Godfrey, who owned this land near Leuven. He invited the Premonstratensians to move into the small church he had built there.
- Abdij van Park 7
- 3001 Heverlee
- +32 (0) 16 40 36 40
- Abdij van Keizersberg
- A 19th-century abbey founded as a study house for monks from the Maredsous Abbey near Namur – the abbey famously on the label of Duvel Moortgat's Maredsous line.
- Mechelsestraat 202
- +32 (0) 16 31 00 60
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
St. Louis Premium Kriek is a kriekenlambiek based on traditional gueuze lambiek with the addition of 25% krieken (cherry) juice and sugar. This is how this dark red beer is created... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.