- Groot Begijnhof
- The Grand Beguinage (Begijnhof Ten Hove) is unique: a fully restored historic district of 10 streets & one of the largest beguinages in Flanders, covering 3 hectares.
- Sint-Geertruikerk en Abdij
- This church & abbey are situated in the centre of a small beguinage. The abbey, built between the 14th and 17th-centuries, has recently been restored and furnished as residences.
- Abdij van 't Park
- Beautiful park founded in 1129 by Duke Godfrey, who owned this land near Leuven. He invited the Premonstratensians to move into the small church he had built there.
- Abdij van Park 7
- 3001 Heverlee
- +32 (0) 16 40 36 40
- Started in 1439, this City Hall is one of the Belgium's most celebrated, built with a superb Gothic styling throughout its three storeys. Guided tours can be arranged for visitors.
- Grote Markt 9
- +32 (0) 16 28 23 17
- The Kruidtuin is the oldest botanical garden in Belgium, dating back to 1738. This unique city-centre garden contains a sunken garden, a fruit garden & a tropical conservatory.
- Kapucijnenvoer 30
- Provinciaal Domein Kessel-Lo
- This recreational park has playgrounds, electric & rowing boats, mini-cars, roller-skating & an outdoor heated paddling pool. Sports enthusiasts can play tennis, football, volleyball & basketball.
- + 32 (0) 16 25 13 92
- Bell Tower
- The beautiful carillon of the Bell Tower, one of the largest in Belgium, has 63 bells weighing 35 tons. You'll also find the central university library here.
- +32 (0) 16 32 40 10
- Sint Donatuspark
- This city park, created in the English style, had a design makeover in the 1990's. Here you can see remnants of the original 12th-century city walls of Leuven.
- Charles Deberiotstraat
- Abdij van Keizersberg
- A 19th-century abbey founded as a study house for monks from the Maredsous Abbey near Namur – the abbey famously on the label of Duvel Moortgat's Maredsous line.
- Mechelsestraat 202
- +32 (0) 16 31 00 60
- Sint Pieterskerk
- St. Peter's Church is a 15th-century Roman Catholic church that replaced the previous Romanesque building. Famed for it low bell tower after work stopped in the 1600's,
- Grote Markt
- +32 (0) 16 29 51 33
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
TONGEREN - After a fifty-year wait the moment has finally arrived. Once again, the city of Tongeren can boast its own brewery and city beers. The story commences with the 2009 Coronation Celebra... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Why would a butcher open a store at a brewery? The question doesn’t throw Luc De Laet, the man who has done just that at the http://belgium.beertourism.com/blog/de-koninck-antwerp-city-brewery-experien... [ more ]
This golden-hued abbey beer could be considered as one of the most traditional of Belgian beers. It has a pedigree that stretches back to before the French Revolution. During that... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.