- BLOSO Centrum
- The city's main indoor athletic & sports centre, it is equipped with a cycling arena, skating rink & football pitches, as well as squash and badminton courts.
- Zuiderlaan 14
- +32 (0) 9 244 72 22
- Basic Fit
- Any athlete will feel right at home at Basic-Fit. The club is well set-out, with modern cardio- and power-training equipment from Technogym.
- Dendermondsesteenweg 23
- +32 (0) 9 377 96 10
- De Blaarmeersen
- This sport & recreation park has a huge lake, offering the widest possible range of sports and leisure opportunities - and a great playground for kids, on a sunny day.
- Zuiderlaan 5
- +32 (0) 9 266 81 70
- Health City
- All the fitness equipment you could possibly need is on-hand at HealthCity, where you can take part in group activities, or just relax in a sauna, steam bath or sunbed.
- Zuiderlaan 4
- +32 (0) 9 243 75 30
- Overpoort Bowl
- As well as bowling lanes Overpoort Bowl offers you the chance to play pool on one of their 8 pool tables. And you can also watch the big matches on their big screens.
- Overpoortstraat 38
- +32 (0) 9 224 24 18
- Bleau klimzaal
- A club for enthusiastic & passionate climbers, the design of Klimzaal Bleau was inspired by the mythical boulder field of Fontainebleau, south of Paris.
- Rooigemlaan 180b
- +32 (0) 9 237 09 59
- Huis van de Sport
- This is the main sports department of both the province and the city, home to Flemish sports federations for petanque, rowing, gymnastics and snooker.
- Zuiderlaan 13
- +32 (0) 9 243 11 00
- Zwembad Van Eyck
- This urban swimming pool is the oldest indoor public pool in Flanders. It's a good size too, at 30m by 13m pool, with 5 swimming lanes. Also has a private cafeteria.
- Veermanplein 1
- +32 (0) 9 235 27 40
- Koninklijke Roeivereniging Club
- The Royal Rowing Club of Ghent has been around since 1871, making it the oldest rowing club in the city. The club has its own clubhouse and cafeteria.
- Yachtdreef 2
- +32 (0) 9 245 06 24
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
The Houblon Chouffe is a crossover beer – a Belgian interpretation of the India Pale Ale (IPA), a beer style originating in England. Extra hops were added to these ales, to make s... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.