Festivals and Events
- Every September, OdeGrand arrives, letting you enjoy great music & impressive acts, along the canals of Ghent. You can even go from one concert to the next by boat.
- City Center
- Jazz Festival
- The Gent Jazz Festival is an 8-day long festival, which takes place every July at the Bijlokesite, attracting 40,000 swinging cats & jazz-cognoscenti.
- Film Festival Ghent
- October is movie-time in Ghent, with this festival showing more than 100 feature-films & 30 short-films from around the globe - attracting an audience of over 130,000.
- Leeuwstraat 40b
- +32 (0) 9 221 90 74
- Licht Festival
- The Light Festival is a dazzling light show in the city centre, in which historical buildings are transformed into palaces of light. Usually held the last weekend in January.
- City Center
- Gentse Feesten
- This is a 10-day celebration that takes over the entire of Ghent. Often compared to Munich's Oktoberfest & Valencia's Las Fallas as 1 of the largest in Europe.
- City center
- Winter Festivities
- In December, Ghent city centre is turned into a winter wonderland, with an ice-skating rink, a Christmas market and a giant Ferris wheel in front of the cathedral.
- Korenmarkt, Sint-Baafsplein,
- City Pavilion
- Polé Polé Festivals
- This festival takes place during the Ghent Festival's '10-Days Off' in July. World music, vibrant performances and a whole lot of dance thrown are into the mix.
- Lammerstraat 19
- +32 (0) 9 356 67 10
KORTRIJK/BELLEGEM - It was in 1892 that Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste opened for business in Bellegem, a village near Kortrijk in West Flanders, close to the French border. Since then, countless... [ more ]
RONGY - In Rongy and all around it, spring is in the air. The fruit trees are in bloom and nature has put on its most beautiful face. I’m on my way to http://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries/brasserie-d... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - If you order a Westmalle you’re likely to be served with a Tripel. This is no coincidence as this strong blonde Trappist beer now accounts for 75% of the beer output of this http://belgium.beertouris... [ more ]
TONGEREN - After a fifty-year wait the moment has finally arrived. Once again, the city of Tongeren can boast its own brewery and city beers. The story commences with the 2009 Coronation Celebra... [ more ]
ANTWERP - Why would a butcher open a store at a brewery? The question doesn’t throw Luc De Laet, the man who has done just that at the http://belgium.beertourism.com/blog/de-koninck-antwerp-city-brewery-experien... [ more ]
La Divine is a beer that was created by Silly upon request. A beer distributor from Battice, in the area of Liege, had found an old local recipe. He asked Brasserie de Silly to pro... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.