Festivals and Events
- Winter Festivities
- In December, Ghent city centre is turned into a winter wonderland, with an ice-skating rink, a Christmas market and a giant Ferris wheel in front of the cathedral.
- Korenmarkt, Sint-Baafsplein,
- City Pavilion
- Gentse Feesten
- This is a 10-day celebration that takes over the entire of Ghent. Often compared to Munich's Oktoberfest & Valencia's Las Fallas as 1 of the largest in Europe.
- City center
- Licht Festival
- The Light Festival is a dazzling light show in the city centre, in which historical buildings are transformed into palaces of light. Usually held the last weekend in January.
- City Center
- Jazz Festival
- The Gent Jazz Festival is an 8-day long festival, which takes place every July at the Bijlokesite, attracting 40,000 swinging cats & jazz-cognoscenti.
- Polé Polé Festivals
- This festival takes place during the Ghent Festival's '10-Days Off' in July. World music, vibrant performances and a whole lot of dance thrown are into the mix.
- Lammerstraat 19
- +32 (0) 9 356 67 10
- Every September, OdeGrand arrives, letting you enjoy great music & impressive acts, along the canals of Ghent. You can even go from one concert to the next by boat.
- City Center
- Film Festival Ghent
- October is movie-time in Ghent, with this festival showing more than 100 feature-films & 30 short-films from around the globe - attracting an audience of over 130,000.
- Leeuwstraat 40b
- +32 (0) 9 221 90 74
LEUVEN - The ritual is well established by now. Thousands of beer lovers from across the globe pour into the city of Leuven to enjoy the Zythos beer festival held annually at the last-but-one weekend in April. ... [ more ]
ROESELARE - The origins of Flanders Red Ale (Vlaams roodbruin bier as it is known in this part of Belgium) lie in the area around Roeselare and Kortrijk. These beers are a prime example of the noble art of ‘cutting’ (ble... [ more ]
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
Bavik Super Pils’ name did not come out of the blue. In most pils beers, a higher-density wort is brewed and water is added after fermentation using the so-called ‘high gravity’ me... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.