Things to Do
- Brouwerij Bourgogne des Flandres
- Bourgogne des Flandres is an historic beer; brewed in a new microbrewery in the heart of Bruges. ‘The genuine taste of Bruges’ can be experienced with a visit to the brewery, which has a museum, café and restaurant.
- Kartuizerinnenstraat 6
- +32 (0) 50 33 54 26
- MORE INFORMATION
- Bruges by Boat
- No visit to Bruges is complete without taking to the canals, to get a fresh angle on all that fantastic architecture. Hire a boat at one of five quays along its waterways.
- Bruges annual spring-time fair, dating back to 1200, is held after Easter with a month of festivities involving costumed parades, fun fairs and fireworks.
- City center of Bruges
- Moment City Tour
- Tour Bruges on two wheels with a difference – by hiring one of the company's Segways to whizz around town. Guided tours are offered, as are special events.
- Sint-Jakobsstraat 44
- +32 (0) 495 90 60 60
- Boudewijn Seapark
- Dolphins & sea lions are the star attractions here, putting on a spectacular aquatic show, which can be seen above or below the water, thanks to its glass-fronted pool.
- Alfons de Baeckestraat 12
- 8200 Sint Michiels
- +32 (0) 50 38 38 38
- Discover the delectable tale of the cacao bean, Aztec drinking chocolate – and just why Belgians make chocolate so darned well – at Choco-story, the chocolate museum.
- The Chocolate Museum
- Sint-Jansplein 2
- +32 (0) 50 61 22 37
- Dig into Bruges' past at the Archaeology Museum. This small museum encourages you to get all interactive with ancient artefacts, making it fun for kids of any age.
- Mariastraat 36a
- +32 (0) 50 44 87 11
- Ice Palace
- Bruges coolest festival, held each winter. The ice-palace is filled with up to 40 exquisite frozen sculptures. A fantastical experience with ice slides, and even an ice bar.
- Railway Station Square
- +32 (0) 50 20 04 65
LEUVEN - The ritual is well established by now. Thousands of beer lovers from across the globe pour into the city of Leuven to enjoy the Zythos beer festival held annually at the last-but-one weekend in April. ... [ more ]
ROESELARE - The origins of Flanders Red Ale (Vlaams roodbruin bier as it is known in this part of Belgium) lie in the area around Roeselare and Kortrijk. These beers are a prime example of the noble art of ‘cutting’ (ble... [ more ]
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
Piraat beer was developed and launched in 1982 by Brouwerij Van Steenberghe in Ertvelde, situated near the city of Ghent. This strong amber beer was actually created at the request... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.