- Once the tallest tower in Western Europe, when constructed in 1932 (at nearly 88 metres high) the de Boerentoren (or KBC-Tower) remains a stylish feature of Antwerp's landscape.
- Eiermarkt 20
- St. Jacobskerk
- This church was built between 1491 and 1656 and dedicated to the apostle Saint Jacob the Great. The southern and western portals show Renaissance influence and decorations.
- Lange Nieuwstraat 73
- The Middelheim Museum
- The Middelheim Museum is an open-air sculpture museum, situated in a fantastic 25-hectares park. Over 200 modern and contemporary sculptures are to be found in these beautiful surroundings.
- Middelheimlaan 61
- +32 (0) 3 288 33 60
- Het Steen
- This brooding medieval fortress in the old town is Antwerp's oldest building. At the entrance bridge is a statue of the giant, Lange Wapper, who once terrorised the city – according to legend.
- Steenstraat 1
- +32 (0) 3 202 83 80
- De Plantentuin (also known as 'Den Botanieken Hof') is a landscaped botanical garden, dating back to 1825. It lies within Antwerp's city centre, and covers an area of almost 1 hectare.
- Leopoldstraat 24
- +32 (0) 3 232 40 87
- Main Market Square
- Antwerp's glorious central square is a jewel of 16th-century architecture. The houses of the Guilds are richly decorated with golden statues, while the magnificent Town Hall dates back to 1564.
- Grote Markt
- Silvius Brabo
- Silvius Brabo is the Roman soldier who legend says killed an evil giant – a myth commemorated to this day by the statue of him, which stands in front of Antwerp City Hall.
- Grote Markt
- City Park
- An ideal place for strolling, jogging or letting the children 'run riot' on the new playgrounds. And if you're feeling adventurous, try out the recently-built skate-park.
- Rubenslei, Van Eycklei,
- Quinten Matsijslei
BASECLES - You may not have heard of this little village, halfway between Tournai and Mons. Its former quarries are now filled with water where the black marble that adorns Cologne Cathedral was once hewn; ... [ more ]
MELLE - Alain De Laet, CEO and owner of Brouwerij Huyghe, is a firm believer in the power of the Belgian beer brand around the world. The success of the brewery speaks for itself, with Huyghe be... [ more ]
SOIGNIES - Belgians drink their beer from the correct glass. An abbey beer tastes so much better from a traditional chalice, a pils beer from a pils glass... Only in Belgium, will you come across such a wide variety of b... [ more ]
WESTMALLE - Time appears to stand still in a Trappist abbey like Westmalle. However, appearances can be deceptive - even here the latest technologies are quietly creeping in. The abbey has an up-to-date ... [ more ]
St Louis Kriek Fond Tradition is a pure, traditional, kriekenbier. This fruit beer made by Castle Brewery Van Honsebrouck with krieken cherries (sour Morello-type cherries) is trul... [ more ]
Beer Tourism Newsletter Signup
Enter your name and email address on the right and click "SignUp" to join.